+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year 2012 Citizenship Applications - Toronto (Scarborough Office)

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
Hi,
I had my Citizenship Test on November 8th, 2013 in the Mississauga Test Center. Passed 20/20, post test interview was also very smooth but still........................got an RQ. :mad:. I have to furnish a bunch of T4s, Notice of assessments, Bank Account details, lease agreements etc., (fortunately I have all) which is an unnecessary pain.

sonnyv6 said:
Hi,
I think I am very close to yours and here is my timeline:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on December 28, 2012.
Its "In Process" now.

I have an associate of mine, whose application was recieved on March 14, 2012 & they started processing it on December 13, 2012. Its also "In Process" now.
I will post any updates from now on. Also, I applied for my PR card extension & thats in Process too. I applied PR extension a month before my existing one expired. I hope this does not have any -ve impact on the Citizenship application.

Thanks All!!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonnyv6, get your papers to the CIC asap. Hope everything works out after that.

How was the CIC agent during the interview? What type of questions did you get? Did the agent ask about your profession/school or anything in particular that you didn't expect?

sonnyv6 said:
Hi,
I had my Citizenship Test on November 8th, 2013 in the Mississauga Test Center. Passed 20/20, post test interview was also very smooth but still........................got an RQ. :mad:. I have to furnish a bunch of T4s, Notice of assessments, Bank Account details, lease agreements etc., (fortunately I have all) which is an unnecessary pain.

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks Farrous, for your concern.
I am trying to get all things done & sent to them by tomorrow. So far I seem to have all the eveidence they are asking for.

It is very strange, but the interview was very good. The agent, a lady congratulated us for getting a 100% on the exam, asked questions about where I worked etc. & checked/compared all entry exit records I had mentioned on my application with the ones in my passport. I saw she had put a check mark against all of them. She also said the interview was very satisfactory and then handed me the RQ. When I asked why,which I did very politely, she brushed it off saying its a normal 5 page document and if all info was put, it was part of routine procedure. the situation at that time is such that you cant ask too many question or have a prolonged conversation.

what I think is: I became a PR in August 08. But I didnt want to remain here without a job and leave the one I had back home. I went back home on August 19, 2008 & subscribed for Vonage (meaning a local Canada phone number) and started applying online. My luck started turning by Feb 09 & I got an offer with IBM and joined them on May 18, 2009 as a full time employee. Basically this meant I was out of Canada from Aug 08-May09, which I definitely & clearly mentioned in the application. I did/do travel quite a bit, but it was mostly in Canada barring a few visits to US.

I guess she wanted to know more details about this stunt of mine.....

farrous13 said:
Sonnyv6, get your papers to the CIC asap. Hope everything works out after that.

How was the CIC agent during the interview? What type of questions did you get? Did the agent ask about your profession/school or anything in particular that you didn't expect?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonnyv6. I believe the lady had no choice but to give you the RQ (even though she didn't intend to).
This is how I see it: there is a certain quota for RQ to be handed to applicants. Since the lady had to hit her or her department's annual/daily/weekly/bi-weekly quota, she gave you one.
It's frustrating to be honest. I mean you are all happy with the test and so forth and then BAM!
It happened now. SO no need to look back. Just get your papers and hope everything goes well. Keep us updated :)

sonnyv6 said:
Thanks Farrous, for your concern.
I am trying to get all things done & sent to them by tomorrow. So far I seem to have all the eveidence they are asking for.

It is very strange, but the interview was very good. The agent, a lady congratulated us for getting a 100% on the exam, asked questions about where I worked etc. & checked/compared all entry exit records I had mentioned on my application with the ones in my passport. I saw she had put a check mark against all of them. She also said the interview was very satisfactory and then handed me the RQ. When I asked why,which I did very politely, she brushed it off saying its a normal 5 page document and if all info was put, it was part of routine procedure. the situation at that time is such that you cant ask too many question or have a prolonged conversation.

what I think is: I became a PR in August 08. But I didnt want to remain here without a job and leave the one I had back home. I went back home on August 19, 2008 & subscribed for Vonage (meaning a local Canada phone number) and started applying online. My luck started turning by Feb 09 & I got an offer with IBM and joined them on May 18, 2009 as a full time employee. Basically this meant I was out of Canada from Aug 08-May09, which I definitely & clearly mentioned in the application. I did/do travel quite a bit, but it was mostly in Canada barring a few visits to US.

I guess she wanted to know more details about this stunt of mine.....

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
farrous13 said:
This is how I see it: there is a certain quota for RQ to be handed to applicants. Since the lady had to hit her or her department's annual/daily/weekly/bi-weekly quota, she gave you one.
What does it mean - meeting quota? This does not even sound right.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
farrous13 said:
Is there evidence that supports the existence of such a quota based system?

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
Suin said:
RQ quota ….I don’t think so. What I understood is they have two check list forms

One is pre-screening at CIC-Sydney and other one at local visa office

During these stages we can get RQ if we fall into any RG trigger criteria

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

This is just my point of view. It's just a speculation. The reason why I went that way is because I know for a fact that traffic police (in Montreal) actually must meet their quota in number of tickets. They have no choice. They would even give you a ticket for the silliest excuse sometimes.

The applicant below mentioned that everything went very smooth and still got a RQ. Does it make sense? He/she also passed their test. So I thought the lady had no choice but to give the RQ. But why? Is it to hit a certain % of RQ's weekly or yearly? I don't know. Again just a speculation.

I probably mentioned this before, we don't understand how the CIC works. So might as well start thinking outside the box. I mean applicants are scared that they might get an RQ just because they travelled or were unemployed. But to be honest, we have seen lots of cases where applicants had both conditions going for them but still managed to get the citizenship regardless.

Suin said:

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
farrous13 said:
Guys,

This is just my point of view. It's just a speculation. The reason why I went that way is because I know for a fact that traffic police (in Montreal) actually must meet their quota in number of tickets. They have no choice. They would even give you a ticket for the silliest excuse sometimes.

The applicant below mentioned that everything went very smooth and still got a RQ. Does it make sense? He/she also passed their test. So I thought the lady had no choice but to give the RQ. But why? Is it to hit a certain % of RQ's weekly or yearly? I don't know. Again just a speculation.

I probably mentioned this before, we don't understand how the CIC works. So might as well start thinking outside the box. I mean applicants are scared that they might get an RQ just because they travelled or were unemployed. But to be honest, we have seen lots of cases where applicants had both conditions going for them but still managed to get the citizenship regardless.
farrous13,

I think RQ trigger criteria sometime depends on Visa officer.

For example, few years ago I and my friend had to give our G2 drivers test and as per our driving instructor if we make any major mistakes such as if we hit the curb or change the line without signal then inspector can fail us.

Unfortunately I did hit curb and my friend changed the line without signal. However I passed the test and my friend got fail.

So I think it’s depend on officer after all they are bureaucrats; some RQ trigger criteria’s are most significant for them and some are not, that’s why some applicants can get away without RQ. We never know how they review and/or process our application.

It’s just my opinion.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
CET213 said:
Unfortunately I did hit curb and my friend changed the line without signal. However I passed the test and my friend got fail.
Well, in this case you are definitely mistaken - they would fail everyone who's changed the line without signal as that can cause an accident, but they wouldn't care much about you touching the curb, as it's hard mostly on your vehicle - they usually take the points off for touching the curb, not failing.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Just because the officer will give an RQ to an applicant doesn't mean that she will be mean to the applicant. She can (and should) still be nice and kind to the applicant even if she is going to give an RQ. I think an absence of several months from Canada right after becoming a PR is what had triggered the RQ. Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

kenzhang

Dec 30, 2012
I finish the RQ form and send it to Mississauga office on Nov 13. I spend a month to prepare the materials. don't know if is okay and how long will it cost.

csvinay

Jan 31, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I received my oath letter today asking me to appear at Scarborough location on Nov. 28th.
Thanks for the all the advice and support you offered. Good luck with your application.

What is the process to get canadian passport after this?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csvinay said:
Guys, I received my oath letter today asking me to appear at Scarborough location on Nov. 28th.
Thanks for the all the advice and support you offered. Good luck with your application.

What is the process to get canadian passport after this?

All the info to obtain a passport can be found in the following link. It is, apparently, super quick. :)

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
casalim said:
Hi I passed my test today on 6th Nov 2013 and my oath is scheduled on 15th Nov 2013 at Mississauga office.
Hi,
I am a Oct 2012 Applicant. I got my test date on Dec 6th, 2013, test center is Scarborough. I am jut curious do you guys carry any birth certificate, because in the test letter it said that please bring your original birth certificate as an e.g of identity. My problem is i do not have my birth certificate here, can you guys help.What are the document did you carry with you ? It is only 9 more days to my test...thanks in advance.