+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year 2012 Citizenship Applications - Toronto (Scarborough Office)

fromcanada

Apr 3, 2013
Serendipity said:
That's an amazing timeline. Congrats!! :) This is also very encouraging because, based on your application and those of others with similar timelines, it seems that with straight forward cases (routine applications) it takes about 8-9 months from the moment they start processing the file for the written exam to be scheduled. This is no doubt great news, specially when considering that official processing times for routine cases is 25 months.

This puts a big smile on my face :D
Yup, mine got delayed for two months after passing the exam last Sept 'coz they asked me to get an ontario translation of our work visa (Dubai).
Hopefully things will go smooth for other applicants. Can't wait for the oath taking on Nov. 6.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Hi everyone, can somebody tell me please, I thought when the file is transferred to your local office you take exam there too. My local office is Scarborough. I have noticed you guys had your test at Mississauga (although your local office is Scarborough), would it be the same for me? I am confused :-[

zombie.raised

Nov 4, 2013
Yolka said:
Hi everyone, can somebody tell me please, I thought when the file is transferred to your local office you take exam there too. My local office is Scarborough. I have noticed you guys had your test at Mississauga (although your local office is Scarborough), would it be the same for me? I am confused :-[
what difference it makes where you get your test as long as it is fast. Apparently Scarborough is the slowest office with large backlog so they moved some cases to Mississauga.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
zombie.raised said:
what difference it makes where you get your test as long as it is fast. Apparently Scarborough is the slowest office with large backlog so they moved some cases to Mississauga.
Thanks zombie.raised, in fact it does make a difference, transferring files between offices takes time too and you are right it does not matter where I take my test as long as it is fast. I did not know Scarborough was the slowest, well at least now I know the reason for moving files :)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
zombie.raised said:
My Timeline
Applied in March 2012
Case transferred to local office - Scarborough Dec 2012
Case transferred to mississauga office - July 2013
Test - Nov 2013
You have very good timeline. Good luck with the test!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually it's not a very good timeline. 18 months to test is not the best. because if there is any chance an RQ is issued after the test, the application will be delayed even further beyond the 25 months period.
I am not trying to scare anyone. But that's the reality of it. Good luck no matter what :D

Yolka said:
You have very good timeline. Good luck with the test!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
farrous13 said:
Actually it's not a very good timeline. 18 months to test is not the best. because if there is any chance an RQ is issued after the test, the application will be delayed even further beyond the 25 months period.
I am not trying to scare anyone. But that's the reality of it. Good luck no matter what :D
Right, I understand. I meant in comparison to mine :-( his timeline is good. It will be 18 months for me soon and still did not take my test :-( I agree that RQ after test is not very convenient.

casalim

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
Hi I passed my test today on 6th Nov 2013 and my oath is scheduled on 15th Nov 2013 at Mississauga office.

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
casalim said:
Hi I passed my test today on 6th Nov 2013 and my oath is scheduled on 15th Nov 2013 at Mississauga office.
You got the oath invitation on the same day? Congratulations!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Hi guys,

I just learned that my file is at St.Clair's office :'( I am not sure if it is good or bad. My file was at Scarborough in April and somehow it is at St.Clair now :-(..

zombie.raised

Nov 4, 2013
The reason why it is transfered again is to make it faster and help reduce the backlog. Based upon my conversation with CIC agents they are not transfering with in Toronto to make it slower, they are trying to make the processing faster.

Scarborough is slowest so anything else is good.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
zombie.raised said:
The reason why it is transfered again is to make it faster and help reduce the backlog. Based upon my conversation with CIC agents they are not transfering with in Toronto to make it slower, they are trying to make the processing faster.

Scarborough is slowest so anything else is good.
Thanks for positive feedback :) I was hoping that it was transferred for faster processing.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Can anyone advise on my brother's Application,
his time line are;
Application date 16/05/2012
start processing 13/11/2012

ECAS shows
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 16, 2012.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2012.

what is expected timeline for other process, what other process will be done or he need to do?

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Vats said:
Can anyone advise on my brother's Application,
his time line are;
Application date 16/05/2012
start processing 13/11/2012

ECAS shows
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 16, 2012.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2012.

what is expected timeline for other process, what other process will be done or he need to do?
I saw the same question on the other thread from you, here, I am just re posting my answer.

My guess is your brother will have his test before me. I am May 2012 applicants too and my file was in process from January 2013. My file was transferred to local office in April and now it is at a different office. The only reason for transfer between offices - as I like to think is for faster processing but considering the office my application was sent to I do not expect it any earlier (as it is considered one of the slowest offices).

You brother might want to call CIC and find out what is the status of his application since he won't see the transfer info online. I do not know about your brother but I am starting to worry about my application, as it is too long to wait for test with no RQ.

Good luck!

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks you verymuch for your kind reply

Yolka said:
I saw the same question on the other thread from you, here, I am just re posting my answer.

My guess is your brother will have his test before me. I am May 2012 applicants too and my file was in process from January 2013. My file was transferred to local office in April and now it is at a different office. The only reason for transfer between offices - as I like to think is for faster processing but considering the office my application was sent to I do not expect it any earlier (as it is considered one of the slowest offices).

You brother might want to call CIC and find out what is the status of his application since he won't see the transfer info online. I do not know about your brother but I am starting to worry about my application, as it is too long to wait for test with no RQ.

Good luck!