+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wt heck is happening at Buffalo?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Here is the difference;

1. Can you please confirm if you receive my PCC from so and so country? OR Can you please tell me how to obtain a document? OR Can you extend my deadline?

(For the above, you may not get any reply, these are all procedural or confirmation question, they will not confirm anything over the email even if they grant you more time OR explain you any of the proceudres.)

2. Can you please update the status on my application, I applied on such and such date and want to confirm which phase my application is at?

(For something like this, you will get a reply in the order the question was received)

Again these are my opinions, I am not sure how they tackle these kind of emails in reality.

C

cajoejoe

Okay here is the scoop for buffalo online status.  I have emailed them yesterday regarding my application which was sent on Nov. 7th. The rest can be read on this thread.  Took Buffalo 24 hours to respond to my email. (cool eh?)

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our acknowledgement letter. Please understand that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email on a regular basis.

We will contact you for the next stage of the processing of your file.
Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) frequentlydoes not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

in a nutshell, buffalo office they could have any status online and dont mean anything. I hope this been informative for many of you.

~j

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
How do they plan to keep applicants abreast with information?

@cajoejoe When did you send full docs?

C

cajoejoe

ADA,

Application Date: Nov.7, 2008.
AOR: March 2009
Office: Buffalo
NOC: 0213

the rest is waiting time, been about 8 months since the file "received" online status.

~j

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
http://www.trackitt.com/member/ADACANADA

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Hello, friends.
It is, of course, a speculation - but I do have a feeling that Buffalo is going to reduce the processing time to the promised up to 12 month period for those who applied AFTER Nov 2008.
At the end of the day, the new instructions for fast track were announced at Nov 2008 (the new rules are relevant for those who applied after Feb 2008, but those people (Feb 2008-Nov 2008) did not have the 6-12 month promise in hand when they applied)).
I don’t know how they are going to do that (to reduce the processing times to up to 12 months), but may be they will start sending medicals together with RPRF fee and passport request?
Hm…sounds like a plan, may be I should send them an email :).

C

cajoejoe

what a wishful thought,and a conjuncture. or maybe they will stamp all pre November Application as in old systems, and scrutinizing the new applications.. ever, thought it this way, to get rid of the back log ?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think its easier to reject than to approve an application so if they want to make things go faster, they wouldn't do the pre nov applicants using the old process.

I think the long term plan is to get them between 6 to 12 months. Its hard to do the pre nov in 12 months so they will take longer. The applications from early 2009 also may take longer but if they start processing faster than what they receive, then they could bring it down over the long run. If they used to take 14months with the old process, I can't imagine them going slower with the new process because there is less applications reaching Sydney. However as someone else pointed out, there is CEC nowadays.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
Noticed one thing in Trackitt..
During June,July there is a constant stream of people who got their PRs. (2008 applicants mostly)
So its just backlog i guess....

cuman

Sep 1, 2009
hello folks,
I am new at this blog. the thing forced me to join you is desperately waiting which has almost taken 9 months.
I got the file number on December 17 and saw my status online saying your application being processed in December 11 then after 5 months it changed to ' we received your application on December 1".
no medical request or any document has been sent since then.
what is it?
is it normal?
does anybody share situation same to mine?
cheers!!

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
cuman said:
hello folks,
I am new at this blog. the thing forced me to join you is desperately waiting which has almost taken 9 months.
I got the file number on December 17 and saw my status online saying your application being processed in December 11 then after 5 months it changed to ' we received your application on December 1".
no medical request or any document has been sent since then.
what is it?
is it normal?
does anybody share situation same to mine?
cheers!!
Hey cuman, welcome to the forum.
Have you applied in Buffalo?
According to the statistics on www.trackitt.com, no one who applied after October 2008 have got any correspondence after AOR (file number).
Some people that applied in October have been transferred now to other offices for facilitation of the processing.
Nothing for November applicants yet...
So, dont worry - it just takes time (more than we want it to take...).

C

cajoejoe

cuman,

I am sure you have read this thread.... Coming September 7, 2009, it will be 9 months since filing and no medical yet.

~j

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
cajoejoe said:
cuman,

I am sure you have read this thread.... Coming September 7, 2009, it will be 9 months since filing and no medical yet.

~j
from trackitt, it approx. takes 12 months for buffalo to send medicals...

duns

Sep 2, 2009
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and saw that I have got some people who are with me in the same boat.
I am now in canada in workpermit and working here.I applied to Buffalo and I got my file# in Nov.After that I havent heard anything from their side and its been 9 months now.ALso the online status initially was :We started processing your application on...." and now they changed it to "We received your application on ..."
So I am now confused with whats happening with my application.Guys does anyone know when will I be able to get the medicals?This waiting is such a pain..:(

Thanks