Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Rupeshari is absoluetly correct that there is no diffrence regardiing the speed of cases after feb,08-Nov08 and after that.

Though i am not the applicant of Buffalo office but i guess the reason for its slowness. Bec Buffalo is a very lazy animal and thats why buffalo office is also lazy for applicants :)))

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
thank you ada

i visited toronto and vancouver last december,
and like toronto too.
however, toronto's climate can be quite harsh
compared to vancouver.
most people prefer vancouver to toronto,
but i prefer toronto.
toronto is a real city and financial center - i.e. jobs.
vancouver is like a holiday resort - lots of hotels
and nice buildings and houses everywhere - but
i wonder how people make money there.

good luck to your application

ADA said:
I visited toronto last summer, An i liked the place.. my wife loves it too (compared to Detroit)
Also I am fedup with US medical care system

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Hot-Lier said:
Rupeshari is absoluetly correct that there is no diffrence regardiing the speed of cases after feb,08-Nov08 and after that.

Though i am not the applicant of Buffalo office but i guess the reason for its slowness. Bec Buffalo is a very lazy animal and thats why buffalo office is also lazy for applicants :)))
buffalo is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...................new Delhi and others are fast now-a-days

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Just some data of approval in June and July on trackitt

Austria 5 0
Sydnye 1 1
ND 7 5
Rome 1 0
Mexico 0 1
Manila 0 1
London 9 13
Jamaica 1 2
Islamabad 0 1
Cairo 0 1
Buffalo/NYC 28 24
Accra 2 1
Malaysia 1 0
Damascus 1 0
Venuzuela 1 0
Germany 1 0

Buffalo might seem slow but they are approving most according to trackitt. Does this mean, they are catching up to the post dec application?

So for those people who are applying now, you should apply in your home country. That would speed up buffalo too due to less work :)

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
rupeshhari said:
Just some data of approval in June and July on trackitt

Austria 5 0
Sydnye 1 1
ND 7 5
Rome 1 0
Mexico 0 1
Manila 0 1
London 9 13
Jamaica 1 2
Islamabad 0 1
Cairo 0 1
Buffalo/NYC 28 24
Accra 2 1
Malaysia 1 0
Damascus 1 0
Venuzuela 1 0
Germany 1 0

Buffalo might seem slow but they are approving most according to trackitt. Does this mean, they are catching up to the post dec application?

So for those people who are applying now, you should apply in your home country. That would speed up buffalo too due to less work :)
Thanks for the analysis, looks like Buffalo is fast but one need to understand out of how many applications? If Austria approved 5 out of 50 as compared to Buffalo who approved 28 out of 5,000 then I think Austria will be faster. This is just my thought, I still think that Buffalo is moving slower as they only want to give the people who are in Canada first then they will process the other applications. Taking 6 months for the medicals to get cleared while the in-Canada applicants under new rules get cleared in 2 months - At least they are delivering what was promised according to the new rules - FAST TRACK!!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
well, i think they may be fast if you take all applicants into account. They are going through the feb to dec applicants now. I recently saw someone who applied in mar 2008 from another visa office asking how come their applicants hasn't moved. I guess, fastness is dependent on when you applied. If you applied between feb to dec, then buffalo will seem fast. If you applied post dec, then buffalo will seem slow. I guess my question is whether Buffalo will speed up once it has gone through the pre-dec applications or would more have piled up than they can process.

If my medicals come in 6months from application, i'd be happy. I just don't want it to take a year.

Out of curiosity, do you think Delhi is getting less than 25% of the applications as Buffalo?

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
NewYorker said:
At least they are delivering what was promised according to the new rules - FAST TRACK!!
fast track only for those inside canada. not for US folks....

so i disagree...

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Sonu81 said:
NewYorker said:
At least they are delivering what was promised according to the new rules - FAST TRACK!!
fast track only for those inside canada. not for US folks....

so i disagree...
I understand the frustration, but I think that is what I said In-Canada applicants are fast tracked....

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
is FSW3 being fast tracked? I don't see any on trackitt at least that have gotten medical request or are you talking purely about CEC?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
What I see from the limited data and people complaints is only CEC is fast tracked, rest is slow like a turtle. In CEC they are normally taking 2 months after Medical to issue visa/PPR while people with new rules who applied outside of Canada still waiting.

The worse wait is for the people (like me) who applied pre Feb 27th 2008 (my bad that I applied earlier because if I applied later I still would have qualified because I fall under 38 NOC list), they are just waiting and waiting, some are 6 months after medicals and some 8 to 12 months after medicals where their medicals are just about to expire, this is the class who will get their PPR in the end even after those applicants who applied after them (post Feb 27th 2008) according to the new rules.

We all are in the same boat, except CEC, they are done within +/- 400 Days.

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
NewYorker,

You can submit new application as you said ur noc is on 38 list. Once approved from Sydney, Submit the new application to CHC and withdraw the exisiting one. Why wait

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Buffalo isn't going to go much faster for him. if new yorker has another option other than buffalo then best to apply there. thats just an opinion. could be wrong.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
iateapple said:
NewYorker,

You can submit new application as you said ur noc is on 38 list. Once approved from Sydney, Submit the new application to CHC and withdraw the exisiting one. Why wait
Dear I am at the last stage, I have completed all the steps and waiting for PPR after the medicals from almost 5 months. It will be stupidity to withdraw now as I cannot get it sooner with the new application as I would get from the present one, but thanks for the advise. And as I said earlier I am not In-canada (applicant) so whats the use anyway.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
my statement also wont make sense for you if you are so far in your app. good luck. i am sure u will hear from them soon. Soon you will be known as a torontoer or vancouverer.

C

cajoejoe

rupeshhari or any takers,

So, here is the confusion or maybe the delima. I applied on Nov, 2008, and Recived the AOR on MARCH 2009. Question is, The application in "process" went to "received", so is this mean that they have done eligibility review ? if not, many will get the dreaded "reject letter". reason i am bringing this up is, it has been about 8 months from initial application and no medical request. That makes me think, that those application from Feb-Nov 2008 have not been processed for eligibility review.. any takers on this ?