+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrongly rejected due to expired ECA

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Good news, good to see IRCC does reconsider in these cases. :)

Just answer the Schedule A as truthfully as you can. It's better to overstate than to make IRCC think you are concealing details about your personal history.

In most cases, Schedule A means you are very close, but not always.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
p_pathak5 said:
Good news folks CIC kindly reopened my application :D with following message -

A first review of your application indicated that it did not meet the requirements. IRCC has
further re-examined your application and has determined that it does meet the requirements of a
complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application has been reopened. You will be notified in due
course as the review of your application continues.

Further to this I received a request to complete and upload IMM5669E(Schedule A Background/Declaration) for me and my wife. They have not given any reason explaining why its required (I've read through forum and generally they specify to explain gaps if left in initial electronic application). I suppose I said in declaration that my application has previously been rejected and that may be the reason. Once it was rejected in 2012 (quota for my NOC full). Then in 2013 - first time because my payment was declined (because I lost my debit card and foolishly cancelled it - stupid I know) and so I applied again with a postal order but was rejected because my NOC quota was filled. I was quite in 2014. With express entry in August my application was rejected because incomplete (I've been in the UK for 9 years but there was 1 year period in India and I didn't think I'd need to submit a police certificate from India).
Also once my USA visitor visa was declined but upon reapplication (within 6 months) I got 10 years visitor permit.

So now I have some question:
Should I declare all those visa applications rejections (I don't have exact dates for any except a couple of Canadian)? Does it matter if I don't?
Second how long does it take for processing from this point of asking for Schedule A to getting approval and how likely is it to get approval?

One more thing is my visa status in the UK has changed since I submitted my application (from work permit to permanent resident) - should I be informing this to CIC?

Thank You
Paras
Please see below; for some reason I am unable to post links on here. This is from the CIC's help centre

I applied before Express Entry was launched, but my application was returned because it was incomplete (or the cap was reached). Do I answer “yes” or “no” to the “have you previously submitted an application” question?

If you got a letter from us that confirms your previous application is being processed, you should answer “yes.”

If you did not get this letter, you should answer “no.” If the application was never formally accepted for processing, we don’t count it as an application.

This is specific to the applications you said were returned as incomplete or where the cap was reached

p_pathak5

Feb 15, 2012
Thanks Casperenoch,

I just wrote about my EE application that was turned down because incomplete. With previous FSW application they never formally reviewed my application - they were turned down either because cap was reached and once due to my payment rejection.. So from what you saying it seems I was right not disclosing these and just sticking with last express entry application. Well I also had a US visitor visa rejection in 2010 but was granted 10 year visitor permit upon reapplication in 2011 and since been to US a couple of times.. I hope these don't hurt my chances..

Thanks Guys - and the ones who has been wrongly rejected due to ECA - be hopeful they will indeed reconsider..

Best
Paras