+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Visa Office??, please Help!!!!

jorgeemd

Sep 18, 2011
Hello!

I just received my letter confirming that I am eligible to sponsor my wife. She currently lives in Quito, Ecuador while I live in Saint John, New Brunswick.

According to what I know, her application should be processed in Bogota, Colombia since this office also serves Ecuador. However, my letter indicates that our application has been sent to Santiago, Chile for processing.

Is there anything wrong with this??? I'm worried that this may be a mistake that would cause my application to be delayed when they realize that this was a mistake (if it was). On the other side, this may be positive since Santiago's office has lower processing times.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jorge

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
jorgeemd said:
Hello!

I just received my letter confirming that I am eligible to sponsor my wife. She currently lives in Quito, Ecuador while I live in Saint John, New Brunswick.

According to what I know, her application should be processed in Bogota, Colombia since this office also serves Ecuador. However, my letter indicates that our application has been sent to Santiago, Chile for processing.

Is there anything wrong with this??? I'm worried that this may be a mistake that would cause my application to be delayed when they realize that this was a mistake (if it was). On the other side, this may be positive since Santiago's office has lower processing times.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jorge
Hi, if she is the resident or national of Ecuador, then the her application should be processed from Bogota.
Please send a case specific query and confirm again from the VO.

Cheers...

sixrogue

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Jorge
I tried to PM you, but it said your inbox is full. Delete some and then let me know. Also, to be able to PM someone else I think you just need to post a few more times. I think I read that somewhere here.

jorgeemd

Sep 18, 2011
sixrogue said:
Jorge
I tried to PM you, but it said your inbox is full. Delete some and then let me know. Also, to be able to PM someone else I think you just need to post a few more times. I think I read that somewhere here.
hey Sixrogue, just cleared my inbox, hope to hear from you soon