+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Version of IMM008 SENT!

bjaned

Feb 6, 2015
I started applying for the common-law sponsorship with my canadian common-law partner in early November, and sent off my documents on December 19th. I realised today that I sent the outdated version of the iMM008 (only difference is that I specified which visa office to send it to). What do I do? Should I send another version of the form? Will my application be rejected?! Who can I call? I am living in Belgium and the phone number on the site to contact the CIC won't conntect.

I am so upset, we put so much effort into this application I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
My message from your other thread...

They will want the new updated form, but there is no way for them to match it up with your application at the moment, as if you haven't received sponsor approval, it is sitting in a pile in Mississauga waiting to be opened and assessed. When they do open it, then ey will probably contact you (through email or regular mail) asking for the updated form. If they do this then they will hold your place in the queue and when they receive the updated paper (which they will be able to now add to your existing application since hey have opened it and reviewed it). There are some people that aren't so lucky and have their entire applications returned to them for not being complete... Hopefully that is not your case! More often they hold the place in queue for sponsor approval and just asked for e specific form they need updated.

You need to just sit tight and wait right now. Calling them or just sending the form won't do anything right now. There is a number to call the call centre from outside of Canada, but I can't recall it, but it will do little good at the moment since the application hasn't been opened yet.

gigalu

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
What tink23 said above is most likely what will happen, i.e they will request the updated form when they start working on your file.

There are some exceptions too. They might not notice it and process your file as is. This is what happened in my case. I was expecting a request for updated forms,
but they sent me SA right away. I hope the visa office where my file is not sent to, does not create an issue about this. Fingers crossed.

All the best to you. Do not stress. Just wait for your number in the queue. There is not much you can do at this point :)

gd_lm

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-FEB-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
08-APR-2015
File Transfer...
16-APR-2015 (Retained at CPC M)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
03-FEB-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
29-APR-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
20-MAY-2015
bjaned said:
I started applying for the common-law sponsorship with my canadian common-law partner in early November, and sent off my documents on December 19th. I realised today that I sent the outdated version of the iMM008 (only difference is that I specified which visa office to send it to). What do I do? Should I send another version of the form? Will my application be rejected?! Who can I call? I am living in Belgium and the phone number on the site to contact the CIC won't conntect.

I am so upset, we put so much effort into this application I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake!!
Hey bjaned,

I think I've just realized that my girlfriend and I did the same thing - our application went in the mail today, but we had been working for some time gathering photos, documents, and evidence - so it looks like we took sent in the old version of the IM0008. I can't imagine this would be a huge issue - but do keep us posted if you hear anything back from CIC about this. Hoping that it doesn't cause us any significant delays!

All the best,

GD