+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong unknown council assigned in bluebook WEIRD HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Richardm

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

I am currently appealing a spousal refusal with IDA and in Colombia with my wife awaiting the date of the hearing

can someone help me out something weird happened with my case of a refusal with the IDA I got some papers from IDA which I believe is what they send you which is basically all the application papers you used for my original application for my spouse and it comes with a cover page stating your case # and the original refusal letter and some other info and then all the rest of the papers of the case I believe its what they call the blue book

Well in the part were I put that I would inform them later of my council there is a stamp with the name of a Toronto immigration lawyer and their address (I verified who the lawyer was and it was an immigration lawyer residing in Toronto) problem is that I don't even know the lawyer and never assigned her my case or anything like that.

I asked the law firm that is handling my case, thinking it was one of their lawyers and that I wanted to talk to her and they responded that they knew she was an immigration lawyer but that she had nothing to do with their firm and that it must be that I hired her to a new lawyer to replace them, which I did not I responded with an email sending them a copy of the cover letter of the bluebook that has the name of the lawyer in a stamp form which I got from IDA and I am still to hear from them.

I also tried to contact IDA via telephone at (604) 666-5946 but all I got was information messages when I went to the choice in IDA voice system to any other matters concerning my case, could not find a way to get a live person.

I also contacted the lawyer listed in the blue-book cover letter and she did not know me or know anything about my case and she thought it was very strange.

I am thinking it was a mistake by IDA or is it possible that my original lawyer never sent the form informing the IDA that they would be my council and IDA assigned me one because I did not have one.

My other problem is that I am not even in Canada I am in Colombia with my wife waiting for a hearing date, but I do have an IP phone with net-talk so its a Toronto # and I can call and receive calls from Canada for free.

I am in a panic because I received the blue-book at my Canadian address about 3 weeks ago but my brother just came back from his trip (we have same address) and he just told me he just received the blue-book which he is sending to the lawyer I did retain not the one listed in the blue-book

Anyway this is a mess and I am afraid that my lawyer might have screwed up and they are now protecting themselves and being real idiots about it.

Any thoughts what I should do I feel like its a real mess.

thanks

Richard

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Richardm said:
I am thinking it was a mistake by IDA or is it possible that my original lawyer never sent the form informing the IDA that they would be my council and IDA assigned me one because I did not have one.
It is probably a mistake. The Immigration Appeal Divisioon would not assign you a lawyer, because you do not actually need a lawyer to represent you.

Could the Toronto lawyer possibly be the Minister's Counsel? That is, the government's lawyer? Though I do not think they would need to use a private lawyer for this.

Try phoning the Immigration Appeal Division handling your case again and trying to get to a real person. They can be quite helpful, once you get through to one.

Richardm

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

thanks for the response the council listed has no knowledge of me or being assigned to the case now all I need is need is a phone # were to reach my officer that is handling my case and talk to him all I have is this (604) 666-5946 number that leads me to a dead end informational voice mail from IDA( hours of operation, what address to contact them etc no live person)

helppppppppppp

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Once you have gotten through to where they ask you to press 1 for this and 2 for that, do that for a while, then press 0. That should (might) get you to the reception, where you can explain your problem.

Guguz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Interview........
Feb 11, 2013 (Refused)
VISA ISSUED...
God Knows
Richardm said:
Hi,

thanks for the response the council listed has no knowledge of me or being assigned to the case now all I need is need is a phone # were to reach my officer that is handling my case and talk to him all I have is this (604) 666-5946 number that leads me to a dead end informational voice mail from IDA( hours of operation, what address to contact them etc no live person)

helppppppppppp
HI Richard,

These IAD phone line is crazy. Even I am facing the same problem. If u get through and able to get a live person, plz let me know as well. Its been ages sinces we recived our blue book and nothing after that.

Thanks