+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WRONG SPONSOR INFORMATION IN COPR..............URGENT PLS

chingoo_pk

Aug 17, 2015
On the COPR form of my two sons and a daughter, under the sponsor information section I have noticed that the relationship is mentioned as spouse :mad:

CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Family Name: family name
Given Name: My son's name
Date of Birth: My son's DOB
Sex; Male
Citizenship: Pakistan

SPONSOR INFORMATION
UCI : XXXXXXXXXX Name: MY NAME
DOB: mY DOB Relationship: SPOUSE
Address; MY ADDRESS IN CANADA

Does not it need to be son/daughter instead of spouse? Even I have sponsored them under the Spouse and Dependant Child category?

May I have the guidance of seniors what should I do in this situation?

I came back to Pakistan for limited time merely to accompany my family on their way to Canada. Few days have already been passed I am in Pakistan and I have significant time restrains. If I need to send this form for correction, it may take significant time. Please advise what should I do?

Is it something really to be worried about? Am I overstressing myself with this?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, you are stressing too much. There is no need to send the COPRs back for this.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
chingoo_pk said:
On the COPR form of my two sons and a daughter, under the sponsor information section I have noticed that the relationship is mentioned as spouse :mad:

Sex; Male

SPONSOR INFORMATION

Does not it need to be son/daughter instead of spouse? Even I have sponsored them under the Spouse and Dependant Child category?

I came back to Pakistan for limited time merely to accompany my family on their way to Canada. Few days have already been passed I am in Pakistan and I have significant time restrains. If I need to send this form for correction, it may take significant time. Please advise what should I do?

Is it something really to be worried about? Am I overstressing myself with this?

Thanks
you sponsor your wife, sons and daughter, so it should be spouse there, there is nothing to worry

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017

Sex; Male

SPONSOR INFORMATION

Thanks
Hello @chingoo_pk,
Does this cause any issue to you ? I am in similar situation, on my daughter's COPR it says relationship as SPOUSE. I just hope it's all ok.
please please reply.

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017

Sex; Male

SPONSOR INFORMATION

Thanks

Hello @canuck_in_uk , are you sure, I am very worried, I am in same situation ... Kindly reply

chambi28

Feb 24, 2018
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi @vimal3134 , I was sponsored as a dependent child with my mom years ago and my CoPR had also some of the info as if I was the PA like relationship with the sponsor. Nothing to worry about, if you want you can clarify that info with the migration officer and she/he will write it down in the paper and sign.

Good luck!!

Last edited:

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Hi @vimal3134 , I was sponsored as a dependent child with my mom years ago and my CoPR had also some of the info as if I was the PA like relationship with the sponsor. Nothing to worry about, if you want you can clarify that info with the migration officer and she/he will write it down in the paper and sign.

Good luck!!
Many Thanks @chambi28 , you got PPR on 9th March 2018 , as mentioned in your signature?

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Oh no, that's my timeline of my spousal sponsorship. My husband finally got his PPR and we are waiting for the CoPR. I got my PR in 2015 :)
Thanks @chambi28 , all the best for your spousal application, one last question, in your CoPR, under application details section, what category is mentioned ?