+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong passport number in CoPR- please seniors help.

shankar_veera

Jul 21, 2017
Hi

Did you receive it back. Did they correct it? I still have not received any mail or call. My 30 days is geeting over by 26th. Hope i will get a mail with in a couple of days. Update us on how it went.

Thanks!!
Hi Richie, how about you? did u got mail or call from them?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
thank you..::):) yeah sure i send it in your email kindly check it..

hope fully you will get it soon.. all the very best..
Hi Amar,

I have a peculiar case - I got my Visa and COPR on 9th Nov with Visa expiry date as 29th November 2017. My passport is valid till 2027 and medicals till March 2018. I have written to CIC, NDVO and Ottawa explaining my situation on 9th itself and sent a reminder today. However, have not received any reply. I also called IRCC Canada, the agent reassured me that I should not be penalized and the visa be extended by NDVO - so I am still in waiting period. How many days did NDVO take to reply and how many mails did you send?

Can you share what all you wrote - may not be exact content but key points. I am available at bharatahujaca@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi Amar,

I have a peculiar case - I got my Visa and COPR on 9th Nov with Visa expiry date as 29th November 2017. My passport is valid till 2027 and medicals till March 2018. I have written to CIC, NDVO and Ottawa explaining my situation on 9th itself and sent a reminder today. However, have not received any reply. I also called IRCC Canada, the agent reassured me that I should not be penalized and the visa be extended by NDVO - so I am still in waiting period. How many days did NDVO take to reply and how many mails did you send?

Can you share what all you wrote - may not be exact content but key points. I am available at bharatahujaca@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Yeah that for sure is worrying thing as you exactly have very few days as per tour cpr. They responded back on 30th day of my first email. In between i send 2 reminders.

I have send the format on your email. Hope you will hear from them soon. All the very best

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Yeah that for sure is worrying thing as you exactly have very few days as per tour cpr. They responded back on 30th day of my first email. In between i send 2 reminders.

I have send the format on your email. Hope you will hear from them soon. All the very best
Thanks Amar - one last question, how did they respond, Did you get a specific mail or a fresh PPR?

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Thanks Amar - one last question, how did they respond, Did you get a specific mail or a fresh PPR?
It was a new email but contents were not huge in amount just a small email mentioning what to do.

And i also got a call from ndvo on the same date.

Mar 25, 2018
guys plz help me...last week I got ppr and I sent my and my wife passport but unfortunately I send me wife's expired passport ...what should I do in this case ??... can cancel my pr ???

Daisy95

Aug 8, 2021
Hello all,
I got similar kind of issue and need guidance on way forward. Here are some dates to give the context.

Number of applicants – 4 (myself, spouse, and 2 kids)
Date of medical - June 2017
AOR - 10 July 2017
Med Passed- 21 July 2017
Na2- 26 July 2017
IP2 - 29 Aug 2017
PPR- 31 Aug 2017
Passport submitted to VFS - 12 Sept 2017
Application Approved status - 22 Sept 2017 (today)
Passport yet to receive. VFS status shows it is being process in New Delhi, Canada Visa Office.

My wife's passport was expiring in Feb 2018. So we got her passport renewed on 10 Aug, 2017. I raised CSE and informed IRCC and uploaded the renewed passport on 15 Aug 2017. I sent an email to CPC-Ottawa on 27 Aug 2017 to check whether they received new/renewed passport of my spouse. Received response back on 28 Aug, 2017 that they have received the documents. And then on 29 Aug status changed to IP2 and on 31st Aug, got PPR email.

However, now when my application is approved today and I see the following issue in my document status table against my wife's name:
Travel Document number - Old passport number

Expiry date against all of us (Myself- Primary Applicatant, and 3 dependents). - Date of expiry of my wife's old Passport - which is Feb 2018.

Although, I have not received the passport yet, and VFS status still shows that it is being processed in New Delhi, yet I assume, that since the document status shows this, they would stamp the passports with expiry date of Feb 2018. Even though my medical date is June 2017 and none of our passports expiring before 2019.

Is there anyway to get this changed before the passport gets stamped? Due to certain other commitments, I would not be able to travel before apr/may 2018 and hence this Feb 2018 deadline would create lot of problem. Moreover, the document number mentioned against my wife's name is no longer valid, as we got the passport renewed.

I have already raised CSE and sent email to CPC ottawa.

Has anyone faced similar issue.

Please guide what can be done and if there is any way to rectify/resolve this.

Thanks
Hello Sir

I am in a similar situation. Can you please let me know what you did?