+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong passport number in CoPR- please seniors help.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Got from another thread, haven't tried.. should work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it takes you to the submitted documents page, simply change the last portion in your url address bar as below:

Replace documentsToSubmit.do with applicationChecklist.do and hit enter.

Or, simply copy and paste this below link in your url after logging in to your MyCIC account and press enter:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/applicationChecklist.do

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-view-the-details-i-submitted-after-ita.468565/

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Got from another thread, haven't tried.. should work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it takes you to the submitted documents page, simply change the last portion in your url address bar as below:

Replace documentsToSubmit.do with applicationChecklist.do and hit enter.

Or, simply copy and paste this below link in your url after logging in to your MyCIC account and press enter:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/applicationChecklist.do

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-view-the-details-i-submitted-after-ita.468565/
oh, it worked :):)... now I am bit more relaxed because I was able to find out that it was not my mistake. it's on CIC part. so they would correct it eventually. Thanks a lot, buddy.

now I am just waiting for a response from them. is there any way to get an in person appointment at VO i tried calling them but the operator said immigration section will contact you. God knows when they will....

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
oh, it worked :):)... now I am bit more relaxed because I was able to find out that it was not my mistake. it's on CIC part. so they would correct it eventually. Thanks a lot, buddy.

now I am just waiting for a response from them. is there any way to get an in person appointment at VO i tried calling them but the operator said immigration section will contact you. God knows when they will....
Call them ASAP and explain this. That's the only way to get attention.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Call them ASAP and explain this. That's the only way to get attention.
For NDVO there is only one contact number and they always connect it to an operator who gave me the same repeated response, " send an email, Immigration section will contact you", I asked them to transfer the call to immigration department they said they cant I asked for appointment they said they stopped giving in-person appointments. now I am just stuck here. I am looking for an Ottawa office number but so far I just found one that is for person applied from within Canada.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
For NDVO there is only one contact number and they always connect it to an operator who gave me the same repeated response, " send an email, Immigration section will contact you", I asked them to transfer the call to immigration department they said they cant I asked for appointment they said they stopped giving in-person appointments. now I am just stuck here. I am looking for an Ottawa office number but so far I just found one that is for person applied from within Canada.
You can contact CIC customer care - 613-944-4000. You can call from Google Hangouts or Skype. Since the application has been approved, they will be able to see the details.

Reactions: amar_gill

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
You can contact CIC customer care - 613-944-4000. You can call from Google Hangouts or Skype. Since the application has been approved, they will be able to see the details.
Okay i just cant thank you enough for your guidance. I will try tgis number now and see what they say.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Okay i just cant thank you enough for your guidance. I will try tgis number now and see what they say.
Specifically say that you need to get this fixed before you receive your passports and ask if agent can help by putting some notes to officer in your application.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Specifically say that you need to get this fixed before you receive your passports and ask if agent can help by putting some notes to officer in your application.
But i have already received the passport with Copr last week by post. But i will explain the whole matter in detail to them. Will call in an hour or 2 to avoid any time confusion between india and canada. Thanks budy.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
But i have already received the passport with Copr last week by post. But i will explain the whole matter in detail to them. Will call in an hour or 2 to avoid any time confusion between india and canada. Thanks budy.
No problem.

I am not sure if this would work, you can also go to VFS and explain them about this. They might take your passports back and pass the appropriate message. No harm in checking though.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
No problem.

I am not sure if this would work, you can also go to VFS and explain them about this. They might take your passports back and pass the appropriate message. No harm in checking though.
Oh yeah!!! I didnt even think about it. Will call them on monday if i didnt get anything from the cic agent tonight. They might help. As you said no harm in checking

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
No problem.

Hello DeepCur,

last week I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
I received the response from CIC today, they asked me to send the CPR with my passport with 2 photos and email copy along with A prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelope.

Do you know what is A prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelope? Where to buy it?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hello DeepCur,

last week I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
I received the response from CIC today, they asked me to send the CPR with my passport with 2 photos and email copy along with A prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelope.

Do you know what is A prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelope? Where to buy it?
That's for people who are currently residing in Canada.

Your visa office is New Delhi right? Why are you being asked send your passport to Canada?

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
That's for people who are currently residing in Canada.

Your visa office is New Delhi right? Why are you being asked send your passport to Canada?

I also just talked to the agent in CIC office canada on the number you gave me. she told me my file is currently in Canada. so all the corrections will be done in Canada.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I also just talked to the agent in CIC office canada on the number you gave me. she told me my file is currently in Canada. so all the corrections will be done in Canada.
I am not sure if you will be able to get Xpresspost envelope in India. You may want to use FedEX for return. You can put a separate thread on this and check with people who have similar experience.

Also as per India law, it is not legal to send passports in post. So you need to clarify that as well. Even for Indian residents who have visa office as Ottawa, passports stamping process happens in India only. People from US do send Indian passports to Canada for stamping, but it is a different story in North America, and also Indian laws won't come in to picture.

There won't be any issues when passport goes out of the country, but customs can hold when it comes in to India. So you need to have clarity on what is what before you ship it out.

amar_gill

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I am not sure if you will be able to get Xpresspost envelope in India. You may want to use FedEX for return. You can put a separate thread on this and check with people

Also as per India law, it is not legal to send passports in post. So you need to clarify that as well. Even for Indian residents who have visa office as Ottawa, passports stamping process happens in India only. People from US do send Indian passports to Canada for stamping, but it is a different story in North America, and also Indian laws won't come in to picture.

There won't be any issues when passport goes out of the country, but customs can hold when it comes in to India. So you need to have clarity on what is what before you ship it out.
So i should call them again. Right and will send them an email also. Thanks for such important info.