Wrong papers!

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
UPS Canada - 1-800-742-5877
I've already done this. They can't do anything because it was sent from a "UPS store" and not a UPS branch.
Thanks though. It looks like I'm going to have to try and show up at UPS store tomorrow morning.

Reactions: jordo

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I've already done this. They can't do anything because it was sent from a "UPS store" and not a UPS branch.
Thanks though. It looks like I'm going to have to try and show up at UPS store tomorrow morning.
Do you know if it has to be the same UPS Store? And I'm assuming you're in Mississauga, right? There is a UPS Store that opens at 8:30am if this is an option for you: The UPS Store, 30 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga, ON L5R 0C1

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Why don't you just send in the updated app. Since you already know this first one is going to be returned.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Why don't you just send in the updated app. You know this first one is going to be returned anyway right?
Because by the time my family sends letters again, I get all the paperwork together again, the old app would be sent back. If it was easy as just sending in some papers - i'd do it. But I had alot of personal stuff that i'd have to wait and get again. Letters / pictures from family all notarized..

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Do you know if it has to be the same UPS Store? And I'm assuming you're in Mississauga, right? There is a UPS Store that opens at 8:30am if this is an option for you: The UPS Store, 30 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga, ON L5R 0C1
I'm going to try contacting first thing tomorrow! If not, i'll just have to wait.. It'll be fine. I have to apply to extend my stay here anyways. Just another added stress. :)

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Because by the time my family sends letters again, I get all the paperwork together again, the old app would be sent back. If it was easy as just sending in some papers - i'd do it. But I had alot of personal stuff that i'd have to wait and get again. Letters / pictures from family all notarized..
Oh I assumed you had copies.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Oh I assumed you had copies.
Not of the notarized letters and such. I sent originals for all of that. I can get more.. but like I said, my family isn't exactly the quickest when it comes to this stuff lol

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Well, dang. I really hope you're able to intercept the package tomorrow. We all want our families together and just get on with our lives under one roof lol. Hopefully you don't experience any more delay. Good luck.
I've been in Canada for the last year on a visitor record! :) It's all good right now.. and I could go back to the states if I needed to without too much of a hiccup! It's really just getting this all complete to be able to travel back and forth without issues at the border lol

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Not sure if you missed my message but I'll repost it. Here is the contact info for IRCC. Should the UPS thing not work out, contacting IRCC should be your next step to see if you can send in the updated forms without waiting for your app to come back. A lot of people suggest calling as soon as they open, as wait times are typically long and sometimes the call volume is too great that they will hang up after a certain amount of callers without getting to talk to anyone yet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Not sure if you missed my message but I'll repost it. Here is the contact info for IRCC. Should the UPS thing not work out, contacting IRCC should be your next step to see if you can send in the updated forms without waiting for your app to come back. A lot of people suggest calling as soon as they open, as wait times are typically long and sometimes the call volume is too great that they will hang up after a certain amount of callers without getting to talk to anyone yet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
I'll definitely try this too

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Ugh, I feel for you. I'm done with the process now, but I had my app returned multiple times, and in one of the incidences, I realized my mistake three hours after mailing the app. Then had to wait weeks just knowing it would be returned to me. So awful. Hang in there... even if you can't get it back, a couple months extra delay in this process are honestly to be expected here or there. Hopefully you get speedy processing once it's all said and done.

Unfortunately calling IRCC and trying to submit replacement documents has about a 0% chance of succeeding (speaking from experience). They are very strict on returning applications and will make no special concessions to help you replace documents that are incorrect.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Ugh, I feel for you. I'm done with the process now, but I had my app returned multiple times, and in one of the incidences, I realized my mistake three hours after mailing the app. Then had to wait weeks just knowing it would be returned to me. So awful. Hang in there... even if you can't get it back, a couple months extra delay in this process are honestly to be expected here or there. Hopefully you get speedy processing once it's all said and done.

Unfortunately calling IRCC and trying to submit replacement documents has about a 0% chance of succeeding (speaking from experience). They are very strict on returning applications and will make no special concessions to help you replace documents that are incorrect.
Thanks! Honestly right about now i'm in the whole, "I can't believe I did that phase.." But on the bright side.. I have a low chance of getting denied extension to stay in Canada to visit while this all takes place.. and it really doesn't change anything other then adding more time to the process. Regardless, It'll all be worth it in the end.. and I'll just roll with the punches!

I'll try calling UPS tomorrow to see if they can stop it before delivery -but if not, 7 weeks gives me time to get my fingerprints done. :)