+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong papers!

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Silly me. I sent our application today... Realizing too late that I didn't send the UPDATED forms.

Yes, I know how ridiculous this is. I am also aware that it will most likely, 100%, be sent back to me.

That being said.. I've already filled out the updated forms / printed / verified / whatnot..

Will the send my ENTIRE application back? Or just request the updated forms? How long until I can expect to see my application sent back?

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
How did you send it? Try to call whoever you sent it with and get them to intercept and return to sender ASAP if possible. As of right now, I sent my application in Dec 6th and I still don't have AOR yet. So you're looking at about 7-9 weeks for AOR which will likely not happen if its the old forms. Its probably about a 95% chance that they will return the application to you anyway. It seems a lot of Nov. applicants sent in the outdated forms as well and many of their applications were returned.

If you don't have any luck with intercepting the package, try to contact the Mississauga office and see if you can mail the correct forms to them so they can swap them out.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
It could be 2-3 months before you see your returned application.
If it hasn't been delivered yet and you have a tracking number, contact the shipper to see if intercepting it and returning it to you before it is delivered is an option.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I think they send it all back and it may not be right away. Its very unconventional but if its tracked and still enroute can you request the package be returned from the carrier?

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
How did you send it? Try to call whoever you sent it with and get them to intercept and return to sender ASAP if possible. As of right now, I sent my application in Dec 6th and I still don't have AOR yet. So you're looking at about 7-9 weeks for AOR which will likely not happen if its the old forms. Its probably about a 95% chance that they will return the application to you anyway. It seems a lot of Nov. applicants sent in the outdated forms as well and many of their applications were returned.

If you don't have any luck with intercepting the package, try to contact the Mississauga office and see if you can mail the correct forms to them so they can swap them out.
Already attempted this! But I live REALLY close to where it's going... Soo with that being said, not possible. :( It will be there at 9am tomorrow morning.. the place doesn't open until 9am..

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
I think they send it all back and it may not be right away. Its very unconventional but if its tracked and still enroute can you request the package be returned from the carrier?
I've already attempted this. Because of sending it from "The UPS store" and not "UPS" I have to go through the store.. which doesn't open until 9am when the package will be delivered...

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
I'm going to try calling UPS store first thing tomorrow morning and see what I can do. Ughh. This is seriously just the icing on the cake of this mess.

Reactions: Ceimi

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
I've already attempted this. Because of sending it from "The UPS store" and not "UPS" I have to go through the store.. which doesn't open until 9am when the package will be delivered...
Alright, try to contact the mississauga office and ask where you can send the updated forms. I think some people have had success with this before. Worst case scenario, you could always resend the application with the correct forms right now with the assumption that your other application will be sent back. Unlucky, but it happens to the best of us. We're only human after all! Make sure that you double check everything before sending it out to ensure that its all complete and isn't in danger of being sent back.

You can wait for your other application to get returned but again it'll be a 2 month wait. I'd probably still try to show up to the UPS place and be there right as it opens to see if they can call the driver and have him not deliver it. It's worth a shot if you're able to do so.

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I'm going to try calling UPS store first thing tomorrow morning and see what I can do. Ughh. This is seriously just the icing on the cake of this mess.
Aw man. And it doesnt get less stressfull!
Def go to the store. Theres a chance they can still remedy it. Example where im at with issues they sometimes call the drivers cell. Barring that call the intake centre at missisauga theres always at least faint hope something can be done.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Call UPS's 24 hour help centre with your tracking number right now and see what your options are.
I've already done this. Because it's from a "THE UPS STORE" and not "UPS" they can't do anything.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Aw man. And it doesnt get less stressfull!
Def go to the store. Theres a chance they can still remedy it. Example where im at with issues they sometimes call the drivers cell. Barring that call the intake centre at missisauga theres always at least faint hope something can be done.
Where do I even find that information to call them? Because I'm about to just drive there and wait tomorrow to get my package back lolol

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Where do I even find that information to call them? Because I'm about to just drive there and wait tomorrow to get my package back lolol
Haha that may work too. There is number people call here to inquire about their app when theyre waiting for the aor1. I dont know what it is though.