+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong name on biometrics letter and cic account

Prithvi12

Dec 1, 2022
Hello, Is there any update ?? I am also facing the same kind of issue. submitted Biometrics on 12th Oct.. The name still shows wrong on CIC gc key login.

ranjitsohal

Dec 19, 2022
Hello, Is there any update ?? I am also facing the same kind of issue. submitted Biometrics on 12th Oct.. The name still shows wrong on CIC gc key login.

I have the same problem, my mother's name is correct everywhere, it is correct on the biometrics letter but it is incorrect on the Information Letter.

How did you resolve it?

User15

Mar 13, 2023
I made a typing mistake in my study permit form and received the biometric instruction letter with same wrong name. I have submitted the webform but the name has not been corrected. What can be done next here ? Do VFS global do the Biometrics if there is a spelling mistake in the name on BIL and the name doesnot match with Passport ?

shwetasaini

Jun 18, 2023
This is an informative post to share my experience with those who are facing similar issue. My name on BIL was
Given Name - blank
Family Name - XXXXX YYYYY
but on passport it was
Given Name - XXXXX
Family Name - YYYYY
During biometric no question was asked by VFS personnel and biometric was completed successfully.
hey I am having similar problem. What should I do in this case. Should I directly visit the vfs office.

akib32

Jul 24, 2016
You already quoted my post and I did not experience any issue at VFS. You can go to VFS and your biometric will be completed as per your name in passport.
Hello,

I applied for my mom's and brother's Visitor Visa and my brother's last name has a minor spelling difference in his passport (Ahamad), I used the spelling from his all documents + Adhar card (Ahmad), so, I didn't pay attention while I was applying for his visitor visa, However, yesterday he went for biometrics at VFS New Delhi and they corrected his name spelling as per his passport (Ahamad). I was wondering if that would cause any issues. or should I generate a web form in which I can include a Notrize document with a Letter of explanation?
I appreciate your input.
TIA.