+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong name on biometrics letter and cic account

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
This is so weird , I applied for my parents as on each documents and in online account I mention my mothers name amarjit kaur and when I applied I did the screenshot for application no. it’s says amarjit kaur but now I got a letter for biometrics submission and my mother’s name changed to Amrjit kaur in account and on the letter . I did the technical web form thing but what else I can do to fix it? Please help me and it will be appreciated
Thank you

Miax1218

Apr 28, 2019
Everything seems to be weird this past few days. I think there should be something wrong in their system.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
This is so weird , I applied for my parents as on each documents and in online account I mention my mothers name amarjit kaur and when I applied I did the screenshot for application no. it’s says amarjit kaur but now I got a letter for biometrics submission and my mother’s name changed to Amrjit kaur in account and on the letter . I did the technical web form thing but what else I can do to fix it? Please help me and it will be appreciated
Thank you
That's very normal! Same happened with my mom too. The account was showing her maiden name before and after biometrics is changed to her actual name (the one on passport). Earlier I was worried as it mismatched the one on passport. But for her it was fixed.

If her name is different on passport and CIC account, send an email too to your local visa office. Else here visa will have the different to one on the passport and could create some issues.

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
That's very normal! Same happened with my mom too. The account was showing her maiden name before and after biometrics is changed to her actual name (the one on passport). Earlier I was worried as it mismatched the one on passport. But for her it was fixed.

If her name is different on passport and CIC account, send an email too to your local visa office. Else here visa will have the different to one on the passport and could create some issues.

I did the iccrc web form and report the technical issue and I am sending email to Delhi immigration too. I called the CIC helpline and he said they can't help this application is sent outside Canada, my main concern is I didn't know if their application will go to Delhi or somewhere else as they reside in Ludhiana Punjab.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I did the iccrc web form and report the technical issue and I am sending email to Delhi immigration too. I called the CIC helpline and he said they can't help this application is sent outside Canada, my main concern is I didn't know if their application will go to Delhi or somewhere else as they reside in Ludhiana Punjab.
What does the VFS/VAC status say? The has the IRCC office.

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
Hi @myra20sharma! I hope you are doing good. I applied for my parents on May 3rd and on May 11th they did biometrics and after that, I didn't get any email from ICCRC and on their travel supervisa insurance I mentioned 1 June as a travel date and I want to change the travel date on insurance paper, Should I change it and forward the insurance again to them?

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
@Maya27 I am facing the same issue. My mother's Last Name (surname) is missing from Biometric Instruction Letter and CIC account. How did this resolve for you??

nanducg22

Feb 22, 2021

I am also facing same issue. After getting BIL, the name got changed in CIC. I have submitted one webform for this issue. Is there any other way we can fix this quickly.?

deev viradiya

Sep 19, 2021
I need help with my biometrics appointment. My given name in my passport is deev vijaybhai (me+my father's name) and in my biometrics appointment name is deev viradiya not deev vijaybhai viradiya because in first name I wrote deev only. So I wanted to ask if there will be any problem with that? Thank you

Nov 23, 2021
I am also facing same issue. After getting BIL, the name got changed in CIC. I have submitted one webform for this issue. Is there any other way we can fix this quickly.?
even i have faced the same issue did you get any resolution ? kindly reply if there is any way the issue to be fixed ....

Nov 23, 2021
I need help with my biometrics appointment. My given name in my passport is deev vijaybhai (me+my father's name) and in my biometrics appointment name is deev viradiya not deev vijaybhai viradiya because in first name I wrote deev only. So I wanted to ask if there will be any problem with that? Thank you
even i have faced the same issue did you get any resolution ? kindly reply if there is any way the issue to be fixed ....

Nov 23, 2021

Pj0107

Mar 7, 2022
Has your issue been resolved?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
This is an informative post to share my experience with those who are facing similar issue. My name on BIL was
Given Name - blank
Family Name - XXXXX YYYYY
but on passport it was
Given Name - XXXXX
Family Name - YYYYY
During biometric no question was asked by VFS personnel and biometric was completed successfully.