+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong LMIA Exemption code on closed permit application!

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
So , I'm in a bit of a conundrum here!

I applied for my closed work permit application on 14th march 2017, but then i got news that the LMIA exemption code used for my offer of employment number was wrong. So my employer quickly submitted another application with the correct LMIA exemption code on the employer portal and gave me a new Offer of employment number.

I sent that new number through case specific enquiry on 5th april. I called CIC on 13th april to confirm if the new number has been added in the file or not. The agent told me that for work permit applications, once its submitted, no new documents can be added, but she said she have added the new number in the notes, even though there is no guarantee that the visa officer will consider the new number while processing.

My current permit is expiring on 30th april, I'm just confused, should i wait for the processing of the online application and hope that the officer will consider the new number??

or should i go to the border and get the permit extended there, while the online application is processing?? (can that even be done?? new application while old one is prcessing??)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Serenity

May 18, 2013
I doubt if they will consider the new files you updated. Call them and bug them until you get a confirmation. Another way to go will be to cancel that application and make a new one with the correct code and New employer compliance fee before your Work permit expires!!!!

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
Serenity said:
I doubt if they will consider the new files you updated. Call them and bug them until you get a confirmation. Another way to go will be to cancel that application and make a new one with the correct code and New employer compliance fee before your Work permit expires!!!!
Thanks serenity for the advice,

still no reply from CIC regarding the application. I'm planning to do flagpoling tonight to get my permit renewed.