Wrong information on e-CoPR

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi all!

Did anyone received a e-CoPR with errors? In my case, my name, POB and COB are wrong
In previous cases, a lot of people changed their wrong info at POE, but since this changed... I don't know how to proceed.
I already sent an email to the officer (1 month and so far no answer!) and also filled a web form requesting the change... here's the answer from the agent:

To correct an error on one of the following documents:
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688);
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000), or
  • Valid temporary residence document;
You can submit an application to amend by mail. We recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.
The main problem with this approach is: According to the CIC's processing times page, this process will take 6 freaking months! :O I am not joking! and you have to send everything over MAIL. basically everything I already sent in my application!

Funny thing.. they ask you to check all information right next the download e-CoPR button:

Please make sure you review the information in this eCoPR and let IRCC know if there are any corrections needed. If everything is correct, you may print the document and manually sign the "CLIENT COPY" in the "Remarks" section.

Those officers are probably working under high stress... bunch of errors in a single application.
If you are on the same boat, let's keep in touch here!

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, would you mind giving an update? I am in a similar situation and wondering what can be done next. Do you mind sharing what have you done so far? Thank you!
I called them, like, 1 month ago, and they said the information from the PR card matches what is in the system. The CoPR, on the other hand, comes from a person's manual input, and that's why this happens ;)
So.. I am still waiting my card, after 5 months of CoPR, which by the way, is now expired hehe.

Reactions: mapple007

sammy2021

May 9, 2021
I called them, like, 1 month ago, and they said the information from the PR card matches what is in the system. The CoPR, on the other hand, comes from a person's manual input, and that's why this happens ;)
So.. I am still waiting my card, after 5 months of CoPR, which by the way, is now expired hehe.
Thanks for your reply! This is very helpful In that case, did you send an amendment form for the copr (to correct the wrong info) and then submitted request for the PR card or did you just send the request as it is with error on the copr?

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks for your reply! This is very helpful In that case, did you send an amendment form for the copr (to correct the wrong info) and then submitted request for the PR card or did you just send the request as it is with error on the copr?
I sent my photo and address for pr card via the new PR confirmation portal… that’s the only thing I did. Now I am waiting.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I was finally able to link my PR CARD application with the help from the IRCC agent... at least there, my details are correct! ;)
I will update you guys once I receive it. By the way, my eCOPR expired a long time ago! haha

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
And did you receive your PR card? If not, when did you apply?
Not yet.. PR card application shows as "Submitted"
Check details in my signature. Main ones:

ITA: March 23, 2020
AOR: April 24, 2020
PR Confirmation Portal submission: Jan 14th, 2021
eCoPR available for download: Feb 6th, 2021

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
and do you have any update regarding your PR card and amendment of copr? And how can we know more about that?

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
and do you have any update regarding your PR card and amendment of copr? And how can we know more about that?
I didn't bother about my ecopr amendment... this is just a temp document, and it would take 6 months to change it... it is already expired, so, useless.
My PR Card status is still "submitted"... in the PR Confirmation Portal, the status usually doesn't change from "In review".
I will give them another 2 weeks, and call back.. so far their response was always the same.. "Sir, it is in progress.. you will have to wait" ;)

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
i just received my PR card today and to my surprise, the hand written explanation did work for me. The information is right on my PR card and it got delivered on my residential address. I am glad that i dont have to get into any more hustle but thank you too for your help.

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
i just received my PR card today and to my surprise, the hand written explanation did work for me. The information is right on my PR card and it got delivered on my residential address. I am glad that i dont have to get into any more hustle but thank you too for your help.
Great! what's your VO?