+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong IELTS test dates in the EE Profile

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Hello,

I have received my ITA on May 31st,2017 and in process of preparing documents to submit application. I just realized that my IELTs test dates are wrong in my EE profile.

Actual test date : 05/13/2017 and Actual result date: 05/26/2017

On Profile I had my old IELTS date and I forgot to update them when I updated my new IELTS SCORE.
But I have the right test result form number(referencing to the new IELTS). I got ITA based on new IELTS score

Would it be a problem as I have wrong IELTS date but correct result form number?

Please suggest me on how to proceed on this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: jackan

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hello,

I have received my ITA on May 31st,2017 and in process of preparing documents to submit application. I just realized that my IELTs test dates are wrong in my EE profile.

On Profile I had my old IELTS date and I forgot to update them when I updated my new IELTS SCORE.
But I have the right test result form number(referencing to the new IELTS). I got ITA based on new IELTS score

Would it be a problem as I have wrong IELTS date but correct result form number?

Thanks!
I'd send a LOE with exactly what you said here. It's just a typo really and shouldn't change anything.

The more important part is your results and ref numbers

Reactions: Sai2017

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi! If you didn't AORed yet, just change IELTS data in your profile. I changed IELTS data after receiving an ITA, no LoE for that, since it's a very insignificant issue. If data is editable, than you have a right to edit it. No worries. If you already submitted your docs, I would recommend sending a message with correct date. I believe date should be correct in the end, otherwise they wouldnt ask for it, just for a report number.

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Hi! If you didn't AORed yet, just change IELTS data in your profile. I changed IELTS data after receiving an ITA, no LoE for that, since it's a very insignificant issue. If data is editable, than you have a right to edit it. No worries. If you already submitted your docs, I would recommend sending a message with correct date. I believe date should be correct in the end, otherwise they wouldnt ask for it, just for a report number.

Thanks for the reply. I can not edit it now as the profile is already transmitted. I will provide the LOE explaining it as a honest mistake

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I can not edit it now as the profile is already transmitted. I will provide the LOE explaining it as a honest mistake
Even though you received ITA on the basis of your EE profile but your actual eligibility is determined from your post ITA application form and uploaded documents. Even if you made a mistake in your EE profile, you can rectify it post ITA and make sure your submit correct info and correct documents. Writing an LOE for this particular issue is unnecessary and confusing. Write a general LOE to link/justify the info and docs provided in post ITA stage. And if you are not providing any docs in requested format or missing then that needs to be explained in LOE too.
Wish you good luck.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
@Sai2017 how did it go, I am also in same situation. Did you provide loe and wasnit accepted by VO.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi , I just got ITA but I filled incorrect TRF for IELTS by mistake in the original application. POST ITA Should I just edit it and mention that in LOE? Please help me!
If the exam date and results are same then you just can correct the number in PR application, no loe needed.

Reactions: Nssv

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Some people say that it's better to mention that in LOE. Why is it a problem to mention?
Did I say its a problem? You asked for help in public forum, I have given you suggestion. Its your application, you are free to do whatever you want to do. Just don't forget to upload the IELTS report with education document.
Good Luck!

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Hi , I just got ITA but I filled incorrect TRF for IELTS by mistake in the original application. POST ITA Should I just edit it and mention that in LOE? Please help me!
I had similar situation, just mentioned the same in LOE and IRCC accepted it.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
Did you change the TRF or just kept the same when you mentioned it in LOE?
Corrected in post ITA application and also mentioned in LOE.