+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong GCkey account used to link application

Adidi24

Mar 22, 2019
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife for PR, and I mistakenly linked her applications (both PR and Open Work Permit) to my own GCkey account, even though she did not appoint me as a representative.

Is this okay? Does the GCkey profile matter as long as I don't act on her behalf? Is there a way to link her applications to a new GCkey account if we open one for her? Should we add me as a representative?

Thanks!

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hello,

I am sponsoring my wife for PR, and I mistakenly linked her applications (both PR and Open Work Permit) to my own GCkey account, even though she did not appoint me as a representative.

Is this okay? Does the GCkey profile matter as long as I don't act on her behalf? Is there a way to link her applications to a new GCkey account if we open one for her? Should we add me as a representative?

Thanks!
Yes its okay. I link my husband application on my gckey without appoonting me as her rep.

Reactions: schweisy

maria1994

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Yes, it’s okay. I linked my husband’s PR application to myown GCkey account even though I wasn’t appointed as his representative. Never had any problems. His application has been approved and he already landed.

Reactions: schweisy

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Was it ever a problem, or did everything go smoothly? Was your application approved?
No problem at all once u link on your account youll be the one receiving updates as it goes to the email provided on the gckey. You can both open it using your gckey as long as she also knows the security question