+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Eye Color and Height on COPR and on PR card

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
Hi,

My height and eye color were wrong in the landing COPR. I noticed this and thought that I would correct these when doing a landing interview but COVID happened and I got my PR card issued to me without the landing interview. Now my PR card and landing record both have wrong information about eye color and height.

I applied for correction of COPR but IRCC refused my application. It does not make sense, they made an error when recording this info. and now refuse to correct it. They are saying it is historical document and cannot be corrected for changes that happen later but that reason does not make sense because these changes did not just happen later, they were there to begin with.

How can I fix this situation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You'll have to change your height and eye colour to match the card.

Joking, of course. I'd leave the card as it is for now. There are no cases for which it matters, as far as I'm aware. Personal opinion only.

mkchoithani

Apr 27, 2022
Hi,

My height and eye color were wrong in the landing COPR. I noticed this and thought that I would correct these when doing a landing interview but COVID happened and I got my PR card issued to me without the landing interview. Now my PR card and landing record both have wrong information about eye color and height.

I applied for correction of COPR but IRCC refused my application. It does not make sense, they made an error when recording this info. and now refuse to correct it. They are saying it is historical document and cannot be corrected for changes that happen later but that reason does not make sense because these changes did not just happen later, they were there to begin with.

How can I fix this situation?
Hi Dear,

I am also facing a situation where eye color information is not right on ECOPR. I applied for PR from inside Canada as a dependent along with my wife who got PR via PNP. I noticed it before receiving PR card. I did not provide eye color information on any forms to IRCC. I guess it is a mistake done by clarical staff during medical exam which happend in Canada. I reached out to IRCC and they said they have made the change in their system and I need to reach out to Ammend Landing record or ECOPR.

My eye color is brown however they wrote it as Blue. Were you able to change your eye color information? Can you please share your updates with me? Would it create any trouble during citizenship? How can I get this data corrected.

mkchoithani

Apr 27, 2022
when you have a new PR Card or become citizen,,,
I had the same problem... refused twice

use your driver's licence and heath card updated

I've travelled, no problem with that
Hi Dear,

I am also facing a situation where eye color information is not right on ECOPR. I applied for PR from inside Canada as a dependent along with my wife who got PR via PNP. I noticed it before receiving PR card. I did not provide eye color information on any forms to IRCC. I guess it is a mistake done by clerical staff during medical exam which happend in Canada. I reached out to IRCC and they said they have made the change in their system and I need to reach out to Ammend Landing record or ECOPR.

My eye color is brown however they wrote it as Blue. Were you able to change your eye color information? Can you please share your updates with me? Would it create any trouble during citizenship? How can I get this data corrected.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Dear,

I am also facing a situation where eye color information is not right on ECOPR. I applied for PR from inside Canada as a dependent along with my wife who got PR via PNP. I noticed it before receiving PR card. I did not provide eye color information on any forms to IRCC. I guess it is a mistake done by clarical staff during medical exam which happend in Canada. I reached out to IRCC and they said they have made the change in their system and I need to reach out to Ammend Landing record or ECOPR.

As far as I'm aware, they will not amend it, they do not care, no-one cares, no-one will ever look at this, and it will not affect your citizenship app in future. No-one, anywhere, cares. I do not know why they collect this since they never use it.

If anyone ever asks, just say it was a mistake by IRCC and it was not possible to correct it.

No-one cares. Stop spending any time thinking about this.

If you do decide to waste time and money on this, hire an expensive lawyer to fix it and share with everyone how it worked out.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi Dear,

I am also facing a situation where eye color information is not right on ECOPR. I applied for PR from inside Canada as a dependent along with my wife who got PR via PNP. I noticed it before receiving PR card. I did not provide eye color information on any forms to IRCC. I guess it is a mistake done by clerical staff during medical exam which happend in Canada. I reached out to IRCC and they said they have made the change in their system and I need to reach out to Ammend Landing record or ECOPR.

1.-
I used this information to update my file
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

<<They refused twice>>

2.-
I had no problem with my citizenship application. I sent all my right information.

3.-
I asked for a aitp (gsm), I realized that they made the mistake, my application data was correct.
Access to information and privacy - Canada.ca

mkchoithani

Apr 27, 2022
1.-
I used this information to update my file
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

<<They refused twice>>

2.-
I had no problem with my citizenship application. I sent all my right information.

3.-
I asked for a aitp (gsm), I realized that they made the mistake, my application data was correct.
Access to information and privacy - Canada.ca
Many thanks for your reply. If the mistake is done during medical exam by clerical person would it still be considered as IRCC mistake? Also, did you get AITP before submitting your citizenship application? I am about to submit request to amend to IRCC.
How long AITP takes?

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Many thanks for your reply. If the mistake is done during medical exam by clerical person would it still be considered as IRCC mistake? Also, did you get AITP before submitting your citizenship application? I am about to submit request to amend to IRCC.
How long AITP takes?
I don't know the answer,,,
I asked during the citizenship process
mi citizenship process lasted 15 months
It lasted like 6 weeks

Reactions: mkchoithani

mkchoithani

Apr 27, 2022
I don't know the answer,,,
I asked during the citizenship process
mi citizenship process lasted 15 months
It lasted like 6 weeks
Thanks a lot .
One last question - Were you asked for AITP records or information while submitting citizenship application or did you do it to be sure that there is no error from your side.
The reason I am asking is to check if I need to get AITP record while submitting citizenship application

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Thanks a lot .
One last question - Were you asked for AITP records or information while submitting citizenship application or did you do it to be sure that there is no error from your side.
The reason I am asking is to check if I need to get AITP record while submitting citizenship application
Yes, I was sure there is no error... They just refused because it is not important,,, 1m63 to 1m80 is not important???
I like to have all my information updated,,, I am so picky with that.
Everything is recorded. I askeed for a final AITP after citizenship granted, the new AITP say I what I asked for.
now I have my CA passport, and voted in a regional elections.
any problem.
have a great weekend, and patience. good news never arrives in canada, bad news just in a monet. I meant. if you dont receive any,,, all is good

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I was sure there is no error... They just refused because it is not important,,, 1m63 to 1m80 is not important???
See my post above: no-one cares. No-one will check this.

They should probably stop collecting this info but bureaucracies rarely stop doing what they're doing unless it costs them far more to keep/collect the info (studying the issue of changing it would cost more than just leaving it be).

Reactions: Cassiano

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
See my post above: no-one cares. No-one will check this.

They should probably stop collecting this info but bureaucracies rarely stop doing what they're doing unless it costs them far more to keep/collect the info (studying the issue of changing it would cost more than just leaving it be).
I know,,,