+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong ECA number and got ITA

lunchiang2

Apr 10, 2020
Hello guys, I received ITA on April 09, 2020, But I put the wrong ECA number when getting into the pool.
I put my ECA number from the ECA report for education purpose from WES which I completed in 2017 and the system let me join the pool.
The number was like 123456/dh.
However, I was filling out the information after receiving ITA and I realized the number I should put is like 123456IMM....So I order a duplicate report for immigration purpose from WES on April 16.
I didn't know the education one couldn't be used :( And now I don't know what to do...

Now I'm scared that they think I was lying about my ECA...
Should I submit both document and an explanation letter
or Should I decline the invitation :(

Please help, thank you so much.

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
There no need to stress. Just write a Letter of Explanation detailing the unintentional mistake you made. As long as you have a valid ECA report you're ok. Also, you need to delete the ECA / WES report numbers from your post for your own privacy.

hugewood

Aug 2, 2023
Hello, please can you give an update on how it went. I am in the same boat and I am really worried. I used a standard WES reference number to apply. After I got my ITA, while doing extensive research I discovered this is the wrong type. So I applied to WES and they made me set up a new account with a different reference number.

achebe8190

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Yes, I recommend writing a letter to the IRCC so that the officer has on file that you addressed this concern. I’ve heard that if they at least see that you tried to fix the situation and explain the mistake, they’re willing to cut you some slack… I hope it all goes well!