Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Did you not submit the correct information in the interview, as you had intended to let CIC know your "mistake" ??
I guess the case officer will decide now about it.
You have to wait for further correspondence.

askushi

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did them but the Citizenship officer she said they are ok now but just for the Pr card issues and my LEGAL WIFE why we are not living together she said that she will require more documents if needed and she said she will give a final review and will take a decision and she said that to check my mail in 2 weeks to 4 weeks for oath invitation or the decision!?? Thank you

askushi

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just have one more question IF I GET Invitation for oath and I have to send Pr,Passport and all of the required documents but I have a problem there because my original COPR had been lost and I reported on 2012 and CIC That time issued me a VERIFICATION OF LANDING and it shows all the information of the lost COPR and has a stamp that it certifies as a True Copy of COPR ,Will this be acceptable at Oath invitation as per COPR Requirements because they have to stamped,Thank you .

askushi

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone?-I'm sorry that maybe I'm being annoying is just I'm worried but anyway thank you for your answer God bless!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
askushi said:
I just have one more question IF I GET Invitation for oath and I have to send Pr,Passport and all of the required documents but I have a problem there because my original COPR had been lost and I reported on 2012 and CIC That time issued me a VERIFICATION OF LANDING and it shows all the information of the lost COPR and has a stamp that it certifies as a True Copy of COPR ,Will this be acceptable at Oath invitation as per COPR Requirements because they have to stamped,Thank you .
I think it should be fine but someone else with the same experience in this forum can shed more light on it.
No one stamps the landing paper during oath (Vancouver)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
askushi said:
A Verification of Status will suffice in place of an original CoPR for any formal requirement to present the CoPR.

In particular, this should be true for purposes of responding to a request for further documentation or for purposes of presenting specified documents when appearing to take the oath.

For purposes of taking the oath, it appears it is still usually the case that citizenship candidates need to present and surrender their PR card, and otherwise are not ordinarily required to present any other documents . . . although perhaps sometimes their passport to verify their identity . . . despite what documents the notice specifies are required.

Obviously, safe thing to do is bring all documents specified in the notice.

Longer Explanation:

Notice for oath typically instructs the citizenship candidate to bring a number of documents including the CoPR. However, so far as I have seen reported, the usual practice appears to be consistent with my own experience (a bit dated now, as it is approaching the third year anniversary of my oath), pursuant to which only the PR card itself is examined and surrendered, with some reports that the bio-page of their passport was also examined (to verify identity I am sure).

As in many things, how it actually goes can and often will depend on the particular individual. For most, the process is perfunctory. For some, perhaps there is something which tickles an IRCC official's attention resulting in a degree of elevated scrutiny. If the latter happens, not having all the documents specified may cause problems. But even that probably varies depending on what triggered further scrutiny, on why the IRCC official's interest was piqued.

The vast majority, however, sail through: get in line, surrender PR card, get handed packet of information, take your seat, enjoy the ceremony (or for those with compromised attention spans, be bored), rise and take the oath, receive additional documents and such handed out after taking the oath (including such things as congratulatory letters from local politicians for example, something from the city perhaps, a Canadian citizenship pin, among whatever the trinkets of the day they are handing out at that particular local office), and celebrate.

But, unfortunately, it appears you may be getting ahead of yourself a little. However, hopefully and perhaps that is just a very little.

Impossible to read the tea leaves, regarding the interviewer's reference to possibly requesting more documents, but unless and until you actually receive notice to take the oath, patience is the order-of-the-day.

My guess is that a copy of the CoPR will usually suffice. If there are other circumstances or factors raising some concern, that could change things. But in and of itself, my impression is there should not any problems due to the absence of the original CoPR.

Nonetheless, anyway, the Verification of Status will suffice.

But overall, once a PR is scheduled to take the oath, there is very little chance there would be a problem due to the PR not having the original CoPR.

By the way, regarding the interviewer:

Obviously I do not know whether your interviewer was a "Citizenship Officer" or not. Sometimes the interviewer is indeed the Citizenship Officer responsible for the application. I am not sure about current practices, and they may vary some depending on the local office, but it is my impression still that many times the interviewer is not the Citizenship Officer . . . and this is part of the reason why an interviewer might phrase things conditionally, pending how the Citizenship Officer subsequently assesses the interviewer's account of the interview in conjunction, of course, with the whole record and application.

And this could be why some see a delay between the test and interview and the date they are scheduled for the oath: the application (together with the interviewer's notes) are put in a queue for the Citizenship Officer to review and make a determination.

askushi

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much I just hope I will not have any problems but as you explain it detailed you clear some of my thoughts I think is normal to i a bit worried but Thank you I really appreciate