olikala

Sep 27, 2019
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
Med's Done....
07-08-2019
I am sorry. I mean I received PR card and I know it doesn't have Country of issue.

I am talking about eCopr. While filling Express entry application, I given incorrect Country of issue and my eCopr also got issued with same incorrect information. Since I received card already, Can I get this correction done later on while I apply for citizenship or I have to correct it now itself or I can just ignore it completely? Any suggestions?
hi! as I understand your COPR said Country if Issue different from what is your nationality (you received the passport wherever you are a resident). Did you have any issues at landing the first time?

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
My nationality is indian. And my passport issued in Chicago. But still country of issue should be INDIA.

For your other question, I am inland applicant in Canada. I didn't travel outside Canada from last 4 years.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
My nationality is indian. And my passport issued in Chicago. But still country of issue should be INDIA.

For your other question, I am inland applicant in Canada. I didn't travel outside Canada from last 4 years.
If your passport was "made' in Chicago, USA, then it is issued in USA, not India, despite you being Indian.
If you drive a BMW, it is still a German car but manufactured in South Carolina, hence "issued' in USA.

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
This is what the confusion is. I see some people say - even the passport say Place of issue is Chicago, still it got issued in India.

I have seen in forums in this portal that COI should be India. I havent taken any action yet whether to get it changed or leave it as is.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is what the confusion is. I see some people say - even the passport say Place of issue is Chicago, still it got issued in India.

I have seen in forums in this portal that COI should be India. I havent taken any action yet whether to get it changed or leave it as is.
I think you need to be more specific: the COPRs that I am looking at right now have TWO very different sections.

First is personal details: low down in this it says travel doc. no. [# of passport] and then Country of issue: [logically, country that issued the passport, i.e. of citizenship {typicallhy}].

Next section: application details. This will have the visa office (Canadian govt office that is) under the rubric "Issued at:".

I do not see any section that is marked "place of issue."

But I cannot say that all COPRs look the same.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
If your passport was "made' in Chicago, USA, then it is issued in USA, not India, despite you being Indian.
If you drive a BMW, it is still a German car but manufactured in South Carolina, hence "issued' in USA.
That is not True.
It is manufactured in Indian Embassy in USA, which is still considered Indian Territory, so it should be India.
CoPR is useful later in life, so I still recommend that OP amends it.

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020

Hi, i have the same issue. How were you able to resolve it?

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi,
My PR Card was just approved and in the document status the Country of Issue is mentioned as "United States of America". I have an Indian passport that was renewed in the USA. Shouldn't the Country of Issue be "India"?

Has anyone experienced this?

Does it really matter?
Should I wait for my card to arrive and then get it reissued?

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!
Hi, hoping you can help me as i have the same issue now. How did you go about it?