+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Country of Issue on PR Card Application

Dxb3866

Jul 26, 2019
Hi,
My PR Card was just approved and in the document status the Country of Issue is mentioned as "United States of America". I have an Indian passport that was renewed in the USA. Shouldn't the Country of Issue be "India"?

Has anyone experienced this?

Does it really matter?
Should I wait for my card to arrive and then get it reissued?

I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
My PR Card was just approved and in the document status the Country of Issue is mentioned as "United States of America". I have an Indian passport that was renewed in the USA. Shouldn't the Country of Issue be "India"?

Does it really matter?

There's no country of issue field on the PR card, only nationality.

Apr 6, 2021
Hi,

Does it really matter?

Hey, I have the same problem. What did you end up doing? Did your physical card have the same mistake too?

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
Did you get it corrected on eCopr for "country of issue" or you just left it? I am also having same issue. Can you please let me know if you have taken any action on that?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Did you get it corrected on eCopr for "country of issue" or you just left it? I am also having same issue. Can you please let me know if you have taken any action on that?
1. The OP's COPR was issued in the US where s/he applied, so that is the country of issue of the COPR, it was not issued in India.

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
I received card today and it doesn't have country of issue. Do I need to correct it now or can get it changed while applying for citizenship? ANy suggestions?

Siva8319

Aug 9, 2021
I am sorry. I mean I received PR card and I know it doesn't have Country of issue.

I am talking about eCopr. While filling Express entry application, I given incorrect Country of issue and my eCopr also got issued with same incorrect information. Since I received card already, Can I get this correction done later on while I apply for citizenship or I have to correct it now itself or I can just ignore it completely? Any suggestions?

Last edited: