+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong application type selected for WES ECA.

Nody

Dec 4, 2017
For immigation purposes, you should choose "ECA application for IRCC".
Getting your credentials assessed by WES only serves to give you extra points for your education in your express entry profile. But if you're applying under the Federal Skilled Worker program, then it is mandatory to have it. But since you mentioned that you're landing in Canada in September, so I guess you already got your ITA without it (you probably did not apply under the FSW program). So you won't be needing your credential assessment for immigration purposes anymore. But i'm not sure if it'll be helpful if you wanted to apply for a job in Canada or not though. And if that is the case (that is, if you mught need it later on for job applications, then I guess you'll go with the "WES standard application" since it's not for inmigration purposes.

Hope that was helpful :)

Hello,
Please i need your help for Which category type should i select in WES?
And what is the importance of it after landing?
I will land to Canada in September 2018.. so i have to finish all the needed documents before , but i’m lost ..

Thanks,

D.Diab

May 18, 2018
For immigation purposes, you should choose "ECA application for IRCC".
Getting your credentials assessed by WES only serves to give you extra points for your education in your express entry profile. But if you're applying under the Federal Skilled Worker program, then it is mandatory to have it. But since you mentioned that you're landing in Canada in September, so I guess you already got your ITA without it (you probably did not apply under the FSW program). So you won't be needing your credential assessment for immigration purposes anymore. But i'm not sure if it'll be helpful if you wanted to apply for a job in Canada or not though. And if that is the case (that is, if you mught need it later on for job applications, then I guess you'll go with the "WES standard application" since it's not for inmigration purposes.

Hope that was helpful :)
Thanks a lot for your reply, I applied under provincial nomination program to manitoba and i got my PR visa , i will apply for WES for employment purpose, maybe its will support .

Thanks

Nody

Dec 4, 2017
Well I suggest you ask if it'll help with your employment chances or not before doing it. And mind you that you'll probably (i'm not 100% sure though) need to apply for the WES standard application not the ECA for IRCC.

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I applied under provincial nomination program to manitoba and i got my PR visa , i will apply for WES for employment purpose, maybe its will support .

Thanks

D.Diab

May 18, 2018
Well I suggest you ask if it'll help with your employment chances or not before doing it. And mind you that you'll probably (i'm not 100% sure though) need to apply for the WES standard application not the ECA for IRCC.

Best of luck.
Yes i will ask to make sure if its will help or not..
I hope if anyone can help in this issue here.

Thanks a lot

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

While creating your profile on WES you get 2 options at the "select an application" step:
1) WES Standard Application
2) ECA Application for IRCC

I should have selected option 2) but instead I chose option 1) by mistake as I created the profile way before my research started just to see what all details I'd need. Moreover, I went ahead and filled all the necessary details and paid $150 (instead of $200 for ECA).

I realized the difference when I started creating my wife's profile and the options, recipients and fees were completely different. I also tried logging into my profile and see if there is any option to upgrade from WES Standard Application to ECA but couldn't find any.

I have written to WES and even tried calling them several times but no one answers the phone there. I searched over the net as well to see if someone came across the same issue but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone please help if you know what should I do in this case?
Hi Vinit,

I have made a similar mistake but my papers are on the way and the evaluation is still pending. IS there a way to change to ECA (IRCC) from course to course evaluation that I paid for.

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't update this thread sooner. I have got a solution for this problem. I reached out to WES via their contact us section here: https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/ and explained my situation along with my reference code. They responded after few weeks that they are looking into it and will let us know shortly. After lot of wait (around 4 weeks), I finally got an email from them that my application has been updated and I will see a balance due amount of $64 in my account. I logged in and paid the due balance and it was done!

Just ensure you write your problem in their contact us form here: https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/ and share your WES Reference Number. Its true they don't pick up calls easily and the response is quite delayed, but in the end they do respond.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot but how long this entire process took?

Spradeep

Jun 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

While creating your profile on WES you get 2 options at the "select an application" step:
1) WES Standard Application
2) ECA Application for IRCC

I should have selected option 2) but instead I chose option 1) by mistake as I created the profile way before my research started just to see what all details I'd need. Moreover, I went ahead and filled all the necessary details and paid $150 (instead of $200 for ECA).

I realized the difference when I started creating my wife's profile and the options, recipients and fees were completely different. I also tried logging into my profile and see if there is any option to upgrade from WES Standard Application to ECA but couldn't find any.

I have written to WES and even tried calling them several times but no one answers the phone there. I searched over the net as well to see if someone came across the same issue but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone please help if you know what should I do in this case?
Hi

I made the same mistake and chose option 1 instead of option 2, but paid around 230 for wes standard application
How do i change my application to eca for ircc now
Please help

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
I had given a written complaint in their contact us section and had also called them on their call centre number. They had made the necessary corrections since my application was under process.

Hi

I made the same mistake and chose option 1 instead of option 2, but paid around 230 for wes standard application
How do i change my application to eca for ircc now
Please help