+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong AOR!!

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Guys,

Please help, I just found out my AOR has incorrect letter in my Last name. ( I had old password which has the same mistake) however, I sent them my driver license, health card, the application, renewed passport, PR card all have the correct Last name!

what should I do? Do i need to send a letter or just leave it because the AOR is automated message (i think) as they will check my application and see all my correct documents?

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allawy86 said:
Guys,

Please help, I just found out my AOR has incorrect letter in my Last name. ( I had old password which has the same mistake) however, I sent them my driver license, health card, the application, renewed passport, PR card all have the correct Last name!

what should I do? Do i need to send a letter or just leave it because the AOR is automated message (i think) as they will check my application and see all my correct documents?

I suggest you to call CIC and see what do they advice you to do .. I had somehow a similar case and when I called they advice me to send a letter explaining the case.

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Reom27 said:
I suggest you to call CIC and see what do they advice you to do .. I had somehow a similar case and when I called they advice me to send a letter explaining the case.
appreciate your reply. I called them and spoke with an agent. She advised me not to send any letter as long as my landing paper and the PR have the correct spelling of my last name.

jungle010711

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right after the citizenship test, there's an interview and will ask you about if you have any problem with your papers ( spelling,birthdate), they even ask you if you want to change your legal name. So dont worry,you can discuss that with the cic officer by the time you will have your interview. Goodluck :)

allawy86

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
jungle010711 said:
Right after the citizenship test, there's an interview and will ask you about if you have any problem with your papers ( spelling,birthdate), they even ask you if you want to change your legal name. So dont worry,you can discuss that with the cic officer by the time you will have your interview. Goodluck :)
True, she mentioned that as well she was like tell the officer about the spelling issue. Lol thanks