Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2014
LANDED..........
03-04-15
by someone else's mistake,i have provided wrong postal code while giving address to immigration officer at the airport. Later, the next day i realized that the postal code is wrong, so i logged into the ECAS portal and tried to change the address. as per the processing times faq, they said its going to take upto 5 days for the new address to get updated.

Now its been close to 10 days and ECAS is still showing the unchanged address. this means they haven't changed it or it is underprocess. iam confused as to what needs to be done now..

Shall i again go ahead and update the addresss?
Shall i wait for some more time before doing the above ?
Is there a way to contact the concerned authorities to get it changed?

Please help !!!!!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Wrong address provided @ landing airport

Depending on the mistake itself, I think it would be fine. I live in Metro Vancouver and so the first letter of my postal code should be a "V". However, a business partner of mine always put a "G" instead of the "V" and I received just fine.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Wrong address provided @ landing airport

sameerarena said:
by someone else's mistake,i have provided wrong postal code while giving address to immigration officer at the airport. Later, the next day i realized that the postal code is wrong, so i logged into the ECAS portal and tried to change the address. as per the processing times faq, they said its going to take upto 5 days for the new address to get updated.

Now its been close to 10 days and ECAS is still showing the unchanged address. this means they haven't changed it or it is underprocess. iam confused as to what needs to be done now..

Shall i again go ahead and update the addresss?
Shall i wait for some more time before doing the above ?
Is there a way to contact the concerned authorities to get it changed?

Please help !!!!!!
You could call and see if you can change address on phone. Either way you should be ok, ecas isnt a reliable source anyways.