Wrong address on ecas

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

So I had an interesting interaction with CIC this morning, I recieved my AOR on the 13th and today I checked ecas and was able to get in.

The problem is, the address on ecas is an old address! I called CIC and they told me not to worry about it since it has not been processed yet. They will update it once they start to process it in 2 months!

Has anyone experienced this?? Should I update my address myself on ecas??

Thanks guys! :-\

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hi Guys,

So I had an interesting interaction with CIC this morning, I recieved my AOR on the 13th and today I checked ecas and was able to get in.

The problem is, the address on ecas is an old address! I called CIC and they told me not to worry about it since it has not been processed yet. They will update it once they start to process it in 2 months!

Thanks guys!
Hey Scuba,

You can update your address through ECAS now that you have access to it. Just go ahead and update it there, when your file goes into In Process the CO can see the address in the system.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
Hey Scuba,

You can update your address through ECAS now that you have access to it. Just go ahead and update it there, when your file goes into In Process the CO can see the address in the system.
Thanks Samreen,

Yeah I did do it. Even though they said to wait until process I am sure they will see it done by me too. I just didn't want it to go to the wrong address. I hope it won't impact my application!

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
ScubaC said:
Thanks Samreen,

Yeah I did do it. Even though they said to wait until process I am sure they will see it done by me too. I just didn't want it to go to the wrong address. I hope it won't impact my application!
You did the correct thing of going ahead and updating it coz these call center reps tell people crap many tmes

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
You did the correct thing of going ahead and updating it coz these call center reps tell people crap many tmes
Thanks Dan :) I will update in 5 days that is when it is supposedly changed but we will see!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ScubaC said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks guys! :-\
Please be patient. As soon as CIC starts processing your application, everything will update.

In my case, when my application was received, it showed my old name (as per my COPR) however when the actual processing started, it showed my new legal name that i changed after landing.

I hope this information helps.

Remember always, patience is the key :)

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Please be patient. As soon as CIC starts processing your application, everything will update.

In my case, when my application was received, it showed my old name (as per my COPR) however when the actual processing started, it showed my new legal name that i changed after landing.

I hope this information helps.

Remember always, patience is the key :)
I guess I'm not as cool as you ;) I already submitted an "address update" so let's see what happens :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ScubaC said:
I guess I'm not as cool as you ;) I already submitted an "address update" so let's see what happens :)
Good luck! There is no harm updating so there is nothing you did wrong.

was your current address correct on CIT 0002? howcome they updated the old address? do you know the reason why?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Good luck! There is no harm updating so there is nothing you did wrong.

was your current address correct on CIT 0002? howcome they updated the old address? do you know the reason why?
Yes my new address is on the CIT 0002. I suspect they had the old address from my PR application

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic is going to drive me crazy lol. I checked this morning now it has my home address correct but still showing the wrong mailing address!

No Sam that mailing address is of my lawyer when I was doing my pr with him and it was from 2013

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK new update now it just shows my home address and no mailing address. Is this normal if my mailing address is the same as my home address??

Thanks again guys

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
OK new update now it just shows my home address and no mailing address. Is this normal if my mailing address is the same as my home address??

Thanks again guys
Yeah, mine just has the one address.