+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written job offer

LynnC

Apr 6, 2023
Hi there, I recently got the PR invitation from CIC through express entry, I'm still in the process of filling different forms for the application, and the system has not required any documents from me yet, but I'm wondering do I need to provide a written job offer from employer later in the application?
I hold a PGWP and have been working in a company for almost 2 years, I didn't claim for the "valid job offer" points.
Thanks!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi there, I recently got the PR invitation from CIC through express entry, I'm still in the process of filling different forms for the application, and the system has not required any documents from me yet, but I'm wondering do I need to provide a written job offer from employer later in the application?
I hold a PGWP and have been working in a company for almost 2 years, I didn't claim for the "valid job offer" points.
Thanks!
Since you didn't claim any job offer related points, you don't have to provide a "written job offer".

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
yes I already got invited, so does that mean I do need to provide a "written job offer" at this stage?
No you wouldn't submit a job offer as you don't have a valid job offer for the purposes of EE.

You would submit a reference letter for the job you're currently working in, assuming you claimed points for Canadian work experience.

looking_for_username

Apr 4, 2023
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-05-2023
@moscatojuices - do you have the format for the job offer? and if am submitting a job offer letter from the company I am currently working for, do I need to submit reference letter as well for the Canadian work experience?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
@moscatojuices - do you have the format for the job offer? and if am submitting a job offer letter from the company I am currently working for, do I need to submit reference letter as well for the Canadian work experience?
Regardless of the format, you need to make sure the following is in it:
1. Date of employment (it should match to what you claimed)
2. Mention of full 40 hours/30 hours - whatever applies to your case.
3. Your annual comp
4. Responsibilities that you claimed under your noc code

Additional threads for you:
1. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/employment-letter-format.672419/
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe.html

LynnC

Apr 6, 2023
Thanks! that's really helpful, I had some part time work experience when I was still in university as a full time student, and I included those in my profile, do I need employment letter for those jobs? or is it okay that I just provide a letter for my current job?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thanks! that's really helpful, I had some part time work experience when I was still in university as a full time student, and I included those in my profile, do I need employment letter for those jobs? or is it okay that I just provide a letter for my current job?
No documents required if you didn't claim/receive any points for them. If you put them in your profile put a letter of explanation stating you're not claiming points for it.

Work exp doesn't for squat - only provide reference letters for Canadian and international jobs that meet the criteria (1yr+ of paid skilled full-time work in the last 10 years) and that you listed to claim points for in your EE profile.

Follow format listed on IRCC website for work experience letters. @iSaidGoodDay got it covered.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

LynnC

Apr 6, 2023
No documents required if you didn't claim/receive any points for them. If you put them in your profile put a letter of explanation stating you're not claiming points for it.

Work exp doesn't for squat - only provide reference letters for Canadian and international jobs that meet the criteria (1yr+ of paid skilled full-time work in the last 10 years) and that you listed to claim points for in your EE profile.

Follow format listed on IRCC website for work experience letters. @iSaidGoodDay got it covered.
Thank you very much! that makes more sense to me now

Apr 5, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
BUSINESS
I am from Pakistan and want to work in Canada under Canadian pilot program free work visa and have done construction business in Pakistan and have 7 years of work experience.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I am from Pakistan and want to work in Canada under Canadian pilot program free work visa and have done construction business in Pakistan and have 7 years of work experience.
Fantastic. Free work visa no problem please come we'll also give you free house, free social security, free pension, free healthcare, free car and free Canadian wife. Citizenship on arrival for you too with free bottle of maple syrup. Usually citizenship cost money but free for you. Please DM me I do everything for you no cost to you all free all time and effort I do for you for free. Free!

• Haha
Reactions: Taran D