Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Do i send in one written explanation letter or two? the question I got was: Your sponsor and your written intentions how and when you are planning to establish in Canada.

So I (The Sponsor) and my spouse have to write one letter each explaining how and when we want to establish our selfs in Canada? Just to be sure!

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
We sent it as one document, as the sponsor and applicant applications are sent in together. We included a separate page in each of the two applications, and put a note where CIC could find various information they'd requested for either / both of us. (We separated our applications according to checklist item, and stuck a bright tab on the side of each section, with a written label referring back to relevant checklist items, for easy reference)

If there was a document required for both parties (e.g. a written intentions letter), we just put one copy, but on each separate list we wrote which tab the document was located in.

Hope this makes sense, it's very early in the morning and I'm just hitting my first cup of tea :)

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ChristyandRob,

Thanks for the info, we've decided to do two separate written intention letters, since it stated from your sponsor (me) and yours (my wife) written intentions. Also what supporting documents did you send? I don't see the reason to send any supporting documents since the questions ask to give intentions on how and when we plan to establish ourselves, what proof could I possibly give at this time?

Also we have dated our letters, but do they need to be signed as well? and do we mail them in together or send them by fax, Since I currently live in Canada and my wife is still in Europe or it doesn't matter? Sorry just want to be sure before we send them in.

Thanks in advance!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Definitely sign and date them.
You could fax them separately, but I think it would be better to mail them together, with clear information about what application they are linked to. This way there is less chance of one or both being lost.
As for the evidence: you could include your uncle's letter again, a new letter from him saying you are now staying at his house looking for work, and any evidence you have of a job search.

MikeUK

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
ChristyandRob said:
Here is a short sample from our doc (which was nearly 2 pages in length, once we finished typing out all the action points in detail).
Just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I hadn't thought of including something like this in our application, but if they're asking for additional information even with letters from relatives (which I'll be including) then I'll definitely add something like this to our application!

Thanks ChristyandRob!

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Berti said:
Hi ChristyandRob,

Thanks for the info, we've decided to do two separate written intention letters, since it stated from your sponsor (me) and yours (my wife) written intentions. Also what supporting documents did you send? I don't see the reason to send any supporting documents since the questions ask to give intentions on how and when we plan to establish ourselves, what proof could I possibly give at this time?

Also we have dated our letters, but do they need to be signed as well? and do we mail them in together or send them by fax, Since I currently live in Canada and my wife is still in Europe or it doesn't matter? Sorry just want to be sure before we send them in.

Thanks in advance!
We weren't able to supply the usual things they're looking for (rental agreement, job offer, etc.) as it was too far away at the time. So that's why we did such a detailed action points list, to kind of show how we intended to go about getting all these things in due course. We also got a signed, notarised letter from my partner's father to say that he'd met me, was aware of our intention to move back, and would be happy to have us stay with them until we got a place of our own.

We also signed up for Monster.ca, applied for a few jobs, and printed off our profile page and job applications (plus any we sent direct to an employer, i.e. not via Monster). We e-mailed some moving companies for quotes and included those e-mails, plus any responses we received.

I guess all we could prove was that we were genuinely, keenly trying to get re-established, even if we couldn't show rental agreements etc. at that point. I think that helped. :)

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, thanks for the info.

I've got job applications I've sent out and received replies from and few have invited me to do over the phone and face to face interviews, would those be good to print out and add as supporting documents, although I haven't mentioned that i'm attaching these in my explanation letter, I thought i'd just add them with the mail when i send it?

Also, my wife is going to send me her written explanation, which is based on the same template as mine but the explanation is hers, to me in Canada so that I would send it to the embassy in vienna, instead of her. Would this be an issue when they see a stamp from Canada, reason i'm asking is that the email requesting the written explanations was sent to her, not me!?

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
I don't think it'll hurt to add the extra supporting documents, even if you didn't mention them in the explanation letter - as long as they're in a relevant section and clearly marked

Regarding the Canadian stamp, I'm not really sure - they may not even notice it :)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Berti said:
Wow, thanks for the info.
Also, my wife is going to send me her written explanation, which is based on the same template as mine but the explanation is hers, to me in Canada so that I would send it to the embassy in vienna, instead of her. Would this be an issue when they see a stamp from Canada, reason i'm asking is that the email requesting the written explanations was sent to her, not me!?
I am the designated representative for my wife's visa application, Berti. sO I send all correspondence (to Mississauga and then to the embassy) under my signature. CIC prefers ot that way. So, no problem sending both letters in the same envelope.

When Mississauga approves your sponsorship application, and forwards the application to the embassy, the embassy will send you a letter with a sheaf of bar codes. Make sure to use those with subsequent correspondence.

Good luck