+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written Authorization Letter From IRCC For Temporary Residents?

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I applied for my spouse authorization letter 10days ago
No reply yet
He already has visitor visa
Anyone got reply recently
Approving or rejecting either ways how may days they are taking to reply???
Also did you guys apply through webform or via email ?

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sent request Sep 27 for my wife and 2 daughters, got approved for 1 daughter on 17 October and still waiting for the other two.
Sent reminder twice.

Rick Wong

Oct 25, 2020
Sent request Sep 27 for my wife and 2 daughters, got approved for 1 daughter on 17 October and still waiting for the other two.
Sent reminder twice.
Did you receive an auto reply letter when asking the authorization letter? I did not receive it, I am not sure if I sent it successfully.

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Did you receive an auto reply letter when asking the authorization letter? I did not receive it, I am not sure if I sent it successfully.
It is my lawyer who has submitted it and there was no auto reply.

Last edited:

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How do you send reminders?
the subject can be like this
REMINDER- Main applicant name (XXX-spouse) # UCI | Uniting with immediate family members in Canada

first line on the email, you can type this after that it should be the same email from previous one.

NOTE ABOUT RESENDING REQUEST:

Reactions: SALLYMA

EvieFrye

Jul 20, 2020
Hi everyone!

We got a refusal yesterday saying,
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
I do not understand. We applied for my husband's family and they are the extended family as grandparents. We just wrote visiting family as the purpose of travel. There is nowhere saying they have to justify this reason to be non-optional. I think anyone can apply for this authorization if the travel is non-optional reasons but the immediate and extended family can come with written authorization for any reason.

People who got approval, what did you write for the reason to travel? How did you get approved? It is really important for them to come here for a few months as I need to go back to working and I am studying as well and there is nobody to take care of my son. Please help!

Manishson

Dec 18, 2020
Hi everyone!

We got a refusal yesterday saying,
  • you have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
I do not understand. We applied for my husband's family and they are the extended family as grandparents. We just wrote visiting family as the purpose of travel. There is nowhere saying they have to justify this reason to be non-optional. I think anyone can apply for this authorization if the travel is non-optional reasons but the immediate and extended family can come with written authorization for any reason.

People who got approval, what did you write for the reason to travel? How did you get approved? It is really important for them to come here for a few months as I need to go back to working and I am studying as well and there is nobody to take care of my son. Please help!
When you have sent the request ? How much time it took for you ?

KHJN

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Time line for my parents application as immediate family member.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed
Email also sent to ircc for exemption from travel ban, no update yet.
Still waiting..
Did anyones application come through under the same category..

BallyCanada

Oct 20, 2020
Time line for my parents application as immediate family member.
25nov online application
26nov biometrics taken
10dec biometrics completed
Email also sent to ircc for exemption from travel ban, no update yet.
Still waiting..
Did anyones application come through under the same category..
Are you a temporary resident of Canada