+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization from IRCC, been waiting for 3 weeks.

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
My husband is Canadian and my spousal sponsorship is still in process
We are planning to apply for my visitor visa, I wanted to know about authorisation how it works, how to apply, what to write, is it done after getting visitor visa approved or before applying for visa?

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
She doesn't qualify for the family member exception since your status in Canada is temporary (study permit) rather than permanent (PR or citizenship).

You can certainly try contacting IRCC but unfortunately should be expecting a refusal since she doesn't fall under the exception.

Does she already hold an approved TRV?
Hello, could you give me some advice please. I have valid work permit until August 24, 2021. Also I have applied for PR for all my family under the Atlantic Pilot Program. Due to Covid19 the process could take more time. My son 12 years old has valid TRV. I want him to come to live with me as we are immigrating to Canada. I need to request authorization letter for my son. Advice me please what should I write in detailed reason for travel? thank you

ady sawhney

Jul 1, 2017
Hi Guys, I am holding a work permit, and my parents are holding a visitor Visa, my kids are Canadian, Kids and their Grandparents planning return to Canada,
assuming my parents need an written authorization from IRCC, but I requested 3 weeks ago, still no reply yet, their website saying response within 5 days, is someone here on the same boat?
By any chance you got a response yet?

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys, I am holding a work permit, and my parents are holding a visitor Visa, my kids are Canadian, Kids and their Grandparents planning return to Canada,
assuming my parents need an written authorization from IRCC, but I requested 3 weeks ago, still no reply yet, their website saying response within 5 days, is someone here on the same boat?
Hi I am kind of the same situation, ow did you go with the authorization, since October extended family such as grandparents can come to Canada

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
Parents are not viewed as immediate families in Canada so it unlikely she will get permission to travel. It is really spouses and children who are the ones who are able to ask for special permission to enter. Agree with Scylla that overstaying in the US creates big problems for your mother.
Hi,
My spouse's visitor visa application is approved yesterday (applied on Dec 01, 2020). She received an original passport request for visa stamping but hasn't received written authorization yet. Will they send it along with the passport or it will be on the online portal after the visa stamping or did they forgot?

I am in Canada on work permit.

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
If this is about the Request for Travel Exemption to Canada (Source Website), recently I was able to get my family to get an approval. I have a study permit, and my dad has a closed work permit.
We requested for my mom first on a Saturday, and got an approval on Tuesday, then we applied for my younger brother, and he was approved also within a week.
In the email, we sent their passport picture, my dads work permit, and a document proving that we are a family.
Hi,

Congratulations!
My spouse's visitor visa application is approved yesterday (applied on Dec 01, 2020). She received an original passport request for visa stamping but hasn't received written authorization yet. Will they send it along with the passport or it will be on the online portal after the visa stamping or did they forgot?

I am in Canada on work permit.

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
My husband is Canadian and my spousal sponsorship is still in process
We are planning to apply for my visitor visa, I wanted to know about authorisation how it works, how to apply, what to write, is it done after getting visitor visa approved or before applying for visa?
Hi,

Did you got your visitor visa and authorization. May I know did they sent you an authorization letter with the passport? My spouse's visitor visa application is approved yesterday (applied on Dec 01, 2020). She received an original passport request for visa stamping but hasn't received written authorization yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Did you got your visitor visa and authorization. May I know did they sent you an authorization letter with the passport? My spouse's visitor visa application is approved yesterday (applied on Dec 01, 2020). She received an original passport request for visa stamping but hasn't received written authorization yet.
Did you apply for the special authorization at the same time? It is a separate process and so doesn't often arrive at the same time. A TRV approval also doesn't guarantee that the authorization will be approved. W have seen families of students of workers both denied and approved.

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
Did you apply for the special authorization at the same time? It is a separate process and so doesn't often arrive at the same time. A TRV approval also doesn't guarantee that the authorization will be approved. W have seen families of students of workers both denied and approved.
On their website it says any application after April 09, 2020 need not contact by email. Below is from the website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

If you need a visitor visa but haven’t applied for one yet
Follow the instructions for How to apply for a visitor visa. We’ll assess your reasons for travel and make a decision on your visitor visa and your written authorization at the same time.

Remember to submit evidence to show you’re eligible to travel at this time.

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
I just received a refusal email. I don't know what they want.