+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

writing to scarborough office regadring rq

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
Has anyone tried writing a letter to the Scarborough office asking about why the RQ was triggered and if any updates have been made regarding their case? I am thinking of going ahead and writing a letter, was wondering if anyone already went ahead and what response they got.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
99% chance they won't tell you, RQ is a security matter for CIC and they won't reveal triggers to stop people from figuring out how to avoid it.

What I'd do is request GCMS notes and physical files through ATIP, with a specific request for a File Requirements Checklist (in physical files request), where the reasons for RQ are likely to be identified.

Again, normally, the reasons for RQ, if found in any of those documents, will be removed/blacked out, and request for a File Requirements Checklist will likely be ignored.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I have requested an ATIP but didnt ask specifically for a File requirements checklist ::) looking forward to what it holds!

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly clarify what is the difference between a request of either:

1-Access to Information Act
2-Privacy Act

Which one is more detailed, and why the physical ATIP is more detailed than the soft copy sent by email?

Thank you