+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing on back of photos

yednickteck

May 10, 2018
I’m applying for PR and as I understand the instructions, the photographer needs to write my name and date of birth as well as details of their studio on the back of my photos. But photographers keep telling me that they can’t write my name and date of birth on it. Am I ok to add that on myself or will the different handwriting be an issue? None of them seems to have a stamp.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I’m applying for PR and as I understand the instructions, the photographer needs to write my name and date of birth as well as details of their studio on the back of my photos. But photographers keep telling me that they can’t write my name and date of birth on it. Am I ok to add that on myself or will the different handwriting be an issue? None of them seems to have a stamp.
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Permanent resident photos

yednickteck

May 10, 2018
The back of one photo must include:
  • the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken
The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

Permanent resident photos
Yes I’ve seen this and my understanding is that the photographer has to write all the information but the photographers keep telling me that they won’t write my information, only their own.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yes I’ve seen this and my understanding is that the photographer has to write all the information but the photographers keep telling me that they won’t write my information, only their own.
Maybe you get a friend to write the info at the back with a different handwriting........the photographer lacks understanding.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I wrote my own. Its fine to do so. Photogroher wrote nothing in the back of mine. They put their stamp showing their location/address etc.

I actually went BACK to where i had my photos done to check they shouldnt be writing my name etc.

I also asked about it on this board at the time.

Write your name and DOB.

yednickteck

May 10, 2018
So it’s ok for the photographer to hand write their info and me to hand write mine in obviously different handwriting

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
I wrote everything myself and it was fine. Found the address on Google haha. It all worked out!

yednickteck

May 10, 2018
I wrote everything myself and it was fine. Found the address on Google haha. It all worked out!
Ha ha. I'd have been okay with that.
In the end, I found a photographer who was happy to write it all on for me so I have my photos ready now :)

Reactions: Zuky

couplefromDubai

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
I wrote my own. Its fine to do so. Photogroher wrote nothing in the back of mine. They put their stamp showing their location/address etc.

I actually went BACK to where i had my photos done to check they shouldnt be writing my name etc.

I also asked about it on this board at the time.

Write your name and DOB.
Hey! They put stamps on the back of my photos and they are still not dry after a week! Smudging like crazy if I touch it . Did you face the same issue ?

Harwinder0035

Jul 11, 2021
Hey! They put stamps on the back of my photos and they are still not dry after a week! Smudging like crazy if I touch it . Did you face the same issue ?
Hello, it was written one photo must contain name and date of birth on back side ,but I wrote on back of both of photos,Is there any issue?