+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing Employer reference letter.

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hi there,

I am applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class category.
I want to draft employer reference letter for my manger to sign it for me. I have couple of queries

Question 1: Do I need to provide any proof that person who is signing reference letter is indeed my manager? If so, then what proof can be provided for the same?

Question 2: I have 6 years of work experience. All of it in one company. I have worked for 4 years in India and 2 years in Canada. I am currently working from India. I wanted to know - do I ONLY need to write my current Indian salary, hours per day,etc in reference letter? Or I need to write my salary, hours per day for for both Indian and Canada working periods seperately?

Also let me know if below reference letter will work??

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hi there,

I am applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class category.
I want to draft employer reference letter for my manger to sign it for me. I have couple of queries

Question 1: Do I need to provide any proof that person who is signing reference letter is indeed my manager? If so, then what proof can be provided for the same?

Question 2: I have 6 years of work experience. All of it in one company. I have worked for 4 years in India and 2 years in Canada. I am currently working from India. I wanted to know - do I ONLY need to write my current Indian salary, hours per day,etc in reference letter? Or I need to write my salary, hours per day for for both Indian and Canada working periods seperately?
1. Not required as your letter format will mention designation of your boss.

2. You will need to mention hours per week, working period,ctc, and designation in India and Canada in the same letter. (Assuming you are claiming points for Canadian work experience)

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
1. Not required as your letter format will mention designation of your boss.

2. You will need to mention hours per week, working period,ctc, and designation in India and Canada in the same letter. (Assuming you are claiming points for Canadian work experience)
I have a question. In employment letter, CIC asks "job status (if current job)". May I ask what should I put here? Thanks.

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
I have a question. In employment letter, CIC asks "job status (if current job)". May I ask what should I put here? Thanks.
It just means whether you are currently working in this company or not. Check out the format shared by dimple34,

"This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country)........

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hey there, Thanks for your reply.

Can anybody please tell me who can sign an employer letter?

HR
Current reporting manager
Ex-reporting manager still working in the team

Thanks.

Reshma Asrani

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello,
I have received ITA and I need information on reference letter.
Do I need reference letter only for me or spouse as well? (I am the primary applicant and he will come along).
Is there any specific format we need in? What do I ask my HR manager exactly? Like, what are the fields required in that?

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Hello,
Do I need reference letter only for me or spouse as well? (I am the primary applicant and he will come along).
Is there any specific format we need in? What do I ask my HR manager exactly? Like, what are the fields required in that?
Not sure if it is needed for spouse. You can fill up the form with details and confirm it. CIC will then show all required documents list. Good luck.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hello,
Spouse's employment letter required if you are claiming points for his work experience. If not then not needed.

Reactions: neptune09

Soumika

Jan 9, 2018
HI all,

I resigned from my job in Feb 2017. So, basically I worked for only 11 months in that financial year. So in my work reference letter, should I mention my actual earnings for 11 months as annual salary or what my real CTC for 12 months would have been. Kindly advise as I am about to request my supervisor for reference letter. Also can I just mention my last earned monthly salary?

Advise please

lavneet

Jan 27, 2018
Hi all,

I need your help.

Should the letter include all the positions I held at the company?
I worked as 'Software Engineer Trainee' for an year and 'Software Engineer' for the rest of my tenure.
Since the salary was revised every year, which salary should be included in the letter?

Now that I work as Data Analyst which is different NOC, is it required to include proof of the current employment?
I already have 3+ years of experience as Software Engineer

Thanks,
Lavneet

PriyaRaj1011

Apr 26, 2018
It can be signed either by the HR or the reporting manager. He/she should able to revert if there is a query from CIC

good luck
Hi. Please tell me, do they make a background check? I mean will they call our Office to verify our details.. Someone please reply

PriyaRaj1011

Apr 26, 2018
Hello,
Hi Reshma. Did they made background verification with your old employer when you submitted all your details.?