+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing a letter of invitation for my Girlfriend in the Philippines tourist Visa

KNOWDESIGN

Apr 14, 2017
Hi There

I just joined this site to see if I get get some help and insight on writing a letter of invitation for my Filipino girlfriend I have how lives in Davao. I visited her this past Christmas for a few weeks there. I would like to invite her here for a maybe a few months.
I see there are paid services to write these letters. I am not sure if that is necessary. Is there examples of "good" letters to write somewhere? Things I should avoid saying? I have never been in this kind of situation before so not sure what to expect. I am hoping it is pretty straight forward. I would like to bring her here for July of this year. Any help would be appreciated.
I apologize in advance if I am writing this in the wrong place...didn`t see where to start a new topic.
Thanks in advance..Salamut

Yes, I am a white Canadian guy, with a full time job and enough money but no time that has fallen in love with a beautiful Pinay..just in case you were wondering..From what I can tell when I was in the Phils, I am not alone..

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
KNOWDESIGN said:
I just joined this site to see if I get get some help and insight on writing a letter of invitation for my Filipino girlfriend I have how lives in Davao. I visited her this past Christmas for a few weeks there. I would like to invite her here for a maybe a few months.
A few weeks... that is more realistic. She has to prove she has a life in her resident country (job, family, savings, investments, engagements, etc.) and if she just can travel "for a few months" that means she doesn't have a life there.

KNOWDESIGN said:
I see there are paid services to write these letters. I am not sure if that is necessary. Is there examples of "good" letters to write somewhere? Things I should avoid saying? I have never been in this kind of situation before so not sure what to expect. I am hoping it is pretty straight forward. I would like to bring her here for July of this year.
There is no template... neither good nor bad letters. It all depends on your specifics.

You can find many examples in google, read many and see what fits your need.

A letter of invitation is really secondary. What is important is that the visitor proves that they can afford the trip, that the trip makes sense and that they will leave once the trip is over. The invitation letter will then be matched against the evidence she has provided. For example if she provides a note of leave from her work for 15 days, the letter of invitation should match (stating the visit is for 15 days).

KNOWDESIGN said:
Yes, I am a white Canadian guyReply
Canada does not discriminate based on gender or ethnicity.

KNOWDESIGN

Apr 14, 2017
:)
Thanks Jalex
She has her own business there that she intends to have her sister run while she is out but all good points. She cannot afford the trip .It is something I will pay for. Thanks so much for your input! I would really like her to see Canada but I am starting to see it may not be that easy. Much easier for me to go there ...except I don`t have much time..

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
KNOWDESIGN said:
She has her own business there that she intends to have her sister run while she is out but all good points.
Not good. What prevents her from staying with you for years while her sister runs the business? CIC would expect that a responsible owner of a business attends that business.

KNOWDESIGN said:
She cannot afford the trip .It is something I will pay for.
This is not going to work. CIC wants to see she can afford the trip. If not she will be considered a high risk traveller that won't leave at the end of her claimed stay.

One way to overcome this is to give her the money now, around 1k CAD per week plus airfare. Make the transfer, save the receipts and this should also be mentioned in the invitation letter. Provide evidence where the money came from, why was it deposited and in what it will be spent.

Llei

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi ! Just wanna share with you that i also was invited by my bf in canada. What i prepared is at least 6 months of bank statement with at least 500k average daily balance . Few months is too long . Try 15 days visit only anyways if she will be given a multiple visa she can stay for 6 mos , the most . The invitation letter try to go to a lawyer there. Folow thsi format :

I , ( your name ) of the city of ___________

Do solemnly declare , that

1. I reside at __________

2. I ,( your name ) , a canadian citizen

3. It is my wish that my friend , (your gfs name ) , resident of ___________ ,visit myself in canada for a
Period of 2 wks .

4. I undertake to be responsible for her board, lodging ,medical facilities available to visitors and other
Expenses during her stay in canada.

5. I shall personally ensure thst she follow the rules and regulations governing viaitors to canada.

6. This declaration is made in support of an application for issuance of a Visitor visa and other necessary documents for visitation to canada

And i make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true ,and knowing that it is of the
Same force and effect as if made under oath ..

Something like this . Thrn if she properties , make a copy of it . If she has a car , include the OR/CR too. If its mortgaged thru the bank its better , that qould show that she has an obligation to pay here inthe philippines
And that makes her responsible to comebsck . I also included then my cert of employment ,including my ITR . I asked a cert too fr my manager stating that i am expected to be back after 2wks since no one is gonna take my place on my duties at work. .

Hoe this helps . I asked for the help of an agency in manila .i think i paid around 7k fro the processing . After 1 wk i gotbmy multiple visa . I visited canada twice already . Goodluck!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
KNOWDESIGN said:
:)
Thanks Jalex
She has her own business there that she intends to have her sister run while she is out but all good points. She cannot afford the trip .It is something I will pay for. Thanks so much for your input! I would really like her to see Canada but I am starting to see it may not be that easy. Much easier for me to go there ...except I don`t have much time..
Yeah, for a good chance, I think you're going to have to "reframe" her application a little better: make it seem like she can't run her business without her for too long (a reason for her to come back). I think it will help if you mention that you went there before for Christmas, and you can't go now because you don't have time. And definitely do not mention that she will stay for a few months, cut it down to 2 weeks. Again, make it sound urgent that she needs to go back after a short time.
After she gets her visa, if she does, will she have to worry about how long she gets to stay.

KNOWDESIGN

Apr 14, 2017
:'(

So I can see this is going to be a lot more challenging that I first thought...Leave it to a privileged white guy who can travel freely almost anywhere to not realize how difficult it is for others to do the same..From the responses I received and the other posts I looked through, I don`t think she will be admitted and even at best, not be able to stay for long. The whole point of this for me was to convince her to stay,not just show up and go back home ( You probably already know this is a 24hr+ flight..)
Is there something else I should be looking at ? And while I am at it, my condolences to all of you who are trying to have loved ones come this Country and having such a difficult time. I have been living in T.O. for over 30 years. I often feel like a "minority" (realizing on a global scale , I really am..) I guess the large number of immigrants, new Canadians , I see here is a testament to perseverance.
I was really hoping to show her this first hand what it is like here, and talk about what it would mean for her to stay. I know she loves the Phils ( and doesn`t like the cold) and in many ways seems like much better life than mine here.
Thanks again for your suggestions and insight.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
One option is to work out your relationship over time, so that you can sponsor her as a spouse or partner for permanent residence.

Otherwise, she will have to make big strides in improving her economic/social situation in the Philippines, like getting stable employment.

It's not impossible for her to be approved for a TRV given her current circumstances, but very difficult.

The ugly flip side of your situation: not just being illegal immigrants, but women in the same position as her are more susceptible to trafficking or scams by others promising them better lives out of their home countries. I'm not saying that's your intention, but that's a scenario that visa officers aim to prevent, hence the added scrutiny for people with her profile. That's also why I think building your relationship for a few years will help.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bellaluna said:
The ugly flip side of your situation: not just being illegal immigrants, but women in the same position as her are more susceptible to trafficking or scams by others promising them better lives out of their home countries. I'm not saying that's your intention, but that's a scenario that visa officers aim to prevent, hence the added scrutiny for people with her profile. That's also why I think building your relationship for a few years will help.
And the other way around as well. Many women from those countries come here, marry the guy, and then leave after PR is granted... or get money out of the guys or many other things. CIC is very aware of these scams and thus red flags any of these relationships.

As bellaluna said, the best way to do this is building up your relationship.

springblossom

Jan 9, 2018
Ms. bellaluna

HI...

I am from the Philippines, I have a brother in Canada but it was my friend who invited me to visit Canada. He sent me an invitation letter stating that he will provide everything for me in my three week stay in Canada. Last month I applied online for a TRV, I've submitted his invitation letter together with his employment record. I've answered the (2) forms with all honesty, I submitted my bank statement though it has small amount but still can provide my pocket money for my vacation. I have also submitted a letter of explanation that I have 2 daughters and a mother back here in the Philippines to take care of. Unluckily, my application was refused due to the following reasons...
  1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
    1. travel history
    2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
    3. Purpose of visit
    4. Current employment situation
    5. Personal assets and financial status
  2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
I would like to reapply and this time I knew that I should give more supporting documents, including my daughters' and mother's birth certificate to prove that I will come back home 'coz I am the who's living with my Mother and taking care of her, she will turn 80 years old this coming May.
I have questions to share, Do you think it would be better if my brother will be the one to invite me (he's celebrating his birthday this coming April)? Or my friend can still send me invitation to support my application? How soon can I reapply?
I really love to see Canada, visit different places, and spend quality time with my friend and brother...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
  1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
    1. travel history
    3. Purpose of visit
The fact that the visa officer selected so many reasons makes me think that you will be rejected again if you attempt to reapply, sorry to say. I won't even ask for your personal details for each one anymore.

1. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
I won't ask you how much your bank account is, but you have to show at the very least, $1k per week plus airfare...so, at the very very least PhP 160,000...or ideally at least PhP 300,000 which includes a buffer for your savings.

I would like to reapply and this time I knew that I should give more supporting documents, including my daughters' and mother's birth certificate to prove that I will come back home 'coz I am the who's living with my Mother and taking care of her, she will turn 80 years old this coming May.
Adding more supporting documents do not really matter if your profile is not compelling enough to be approved for a TRV.

Invitation letters are also only supplementary documents; they are not compelling factors for the approval of a TRV.

Really sorry, but you must have significant changes in your profile until you can be approved for a TRV. I suggest you do not apply for a TRV until your personal circumstances improve.

springblossom

Jan 9, 2018
Thank You for your response!

Yes, I'm doing the improvements for my application. I'm now asking my employer for my COE. 'Coz I got it all wrong when I thought that being invited with a sponsored all expenses paid trip means that the proof of means of financial support will all be coming from the sponsor.
By submitting my COE and my bank statement would be a big help?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank You for your response!

Yes, I'm doing the improvements for my application. I'm now asking my employer for my COE. 'Coz I got it all wrong when I thought that being invited with a sponsored all expenses paid trip means that the proof of means of financial support will all be coming from the sponsor.
By submitting my COE and my bank statement would be a big help?
Can you share your current situation for each of these:

1. travel history
  3. Purpose of visit

LemonCookie

Oct 19, 2019
Hi ! Just wanna share with you that i also was invited by my bf in canada. What i prepared is at least 6 months of bank statement with at least 500k average daily balance . Few months is too long . Try 15 days visit only anyways if she will be given a multiple visa she can stay for 6 mos , the most . The invitation letter try to go to a lawyer there. Folow thsi format :

I , ( your name ) of the city of ___________

Do solemnly declare , that

1. I reside at __________

2. I ,( your name ) , a canadian citizen

3. It is my wish that my friend , (your gfs name ) , resident of ___________ ,visit myself in canada for a
Period of 2 wks .

4. I undertake to be responsible for her board, lodging ,medical facilities available to visitors and other
Expenses during her stay in canada.

5. I shall personally ensure thst she follow the rules and regulations governing viaitors to canada.

6. This declaration is made in support of an application for issuance of a Visitor visa and other necessary documents for visitation to canada

And i make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true ,and knowing that it is of the
Same force and effect as if made under oath ..

Something like this . Thrn if she properties , make a copy of it . If she has a car , include the OR/CR too. If its mortgaged thru the bank its better , that qould show that she has an obligation to pay here inthe philippines
And that makes her responsible to comebsck . I also included then my cert of employment ,including my ITR . I asked a cert too fr my manager stating that i am expected to be back after 2wks since no one is gonna take my place on my duties at work. .

Hoe this helps . I asked for the help of an agency in manila .i think i paid around 7k fro the processing . After 1 wk i gotbmy multiple visa . I visited canada twice already . Goodluck!!
hello there! may i ask whats the name of agency in manila you used? thank you!