+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writ of Mandamus for PR

KHI

May 26, 2017
Hi Everone,

I have applied for PR based on FSW-O and waiting for the PPR. My AOR was March-15-2018. I ordered GCMS notes and learnt that my application is stuck in security screening. I have also learnt that for some nationalities SS can take more than a year. Therefore, I am thinking of knocking the court's door if I don't hear anything in the next couple of months. Is there anybody who has filed mandamus? Please share your experience.

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everone,

I have applied for PR based on FSW-O and waiting for the PPR. My AOR was March-15-2018. I ordered GCMS notes and learnt that my application is stuck in security screening. I have also learnt that for some nationalities SS can take more than a year. Therefore, I am thinking of knocking the court's door if I don't hear anything in the next couple of months. Is there anybody who has filed mandamus? Please share your experience.

Thanks
People who are stuck in security for 2+ yrs do this...
@dpenabill can you guide him here...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everone,

Thanks
http://www.cba.org/cba/cle/pdf/Bellissimo.pdf

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
People who are stuck in security for 2+ yrs do this...
@dpenabill can you guide him here...
Not really.

In addition to the fact I AM NO EXPERT, it has been nearly a decade since I was following the PR visa application process. Even then, I was paying more attention to the procedures related to landing and actually settling in Canada, with some focus on qualifying for PR in the sponsored family class.

In other contexts I have reviewed some mandamus cases related to the PR application process, in which the security/background clearances, particularly those from CSIS, have loomed large. Those cases would offer the OP very little encouragement. But those are older cases . . . it has been a long while (years) since I have revisited those cases.

In general, over the years there has been rather little reason to see much hope of successful mandamus actions based on delays or lengthy processing times, so much so I have not see much attention to or raising of this issue in quite a long while. Noting, again, thus what I know is NOT recent.

Summary: what I understand is NOT encouraging BUT it is not at all based on any recent information.