+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
I am to leave for Canada soon on a WP under NOC -9496. My contract is good for 2 years. Knowing my job category falls under 'low-skilled', my questions are:

1. can i bring my wife and 2 kids (10 years old) to join me in Canada? How?

2. How soon can i get them in?

3. My wife is a registered Nurse, can she apply for jobs while shes there?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kelmolab said:
I am to leave for Canada soon on a WP under NOC -9496. My contract is good for 2 years. Knowing my job category falls under 'low-skilled', my questions are:

1. can i bring my wife and 2 kids (10 years old) to join me in Canada? How?

2. How soon can i get them in?

3. My wife is a registered Nurse, can she apply for jobs while shes there?

Thanks
1. It is unlikely that your family would be issued a visa if you are a low skilled worker, as CHC will probably feel that the wages paid would not support a family of 4 in Canada.
2. If your wife's qualifications were recognized, she would have to get an employer to obtain an Labour Market Opinion and then would have to apply for a work permit. As your job would not be A,B or O she would not be eligible for an open work permit.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
But We would love to have her and your Family migrate to Canada,Please consider coming to our Province,Where Nurses are very much in demand,Go look at our websites Welcome BC and for nurses go to Health Match BC for goverment sector or www.futuresearchcanada.com for Private sector.Why be a foriegn worker,Consider Immigration to our Province.A message from the Province