+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP...Urgent Question ....With LMO+CAQ in Quebec ...

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Hello Friends,

I have valid LMO and CAQ for Company in Quebec. I have been to Canada once on International Experience Canada as Temporary Worker. I paid all the taxes and returns well. Left the country in perfect manner. When I came back company in Quebec applied LMO for me. LMO stated that you need 5 years of Experience. Which In matter of fact I have but since last 9 months I am doing freelancing. I never wanted to Join company in India because LMO was in process so I worked on a product with my friend which is Web and Mobile based product. I applied with LMO + CAQ this month. I have submitted Resume where I have mentioned that after coming back I was working on my own product. Does this going to effect my Visa application as rejection?

Do visa officers perform background check on companies where I have worked on for Temporary Work Permit.? Because 1st company I have worked was 2004-05 before joining college. And that company is no more and both the partners have started some other business. I had no certificate for that so did not submitted the same. But for other I have submitted the paper work.

Do you guys think this will be a problem in Visa.

Thanks for reply in advance.... :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The red flag I see is the fact that you are applying for a temporary visa with limited ties to home country (being self employed). Hope you have emphasized assets and family ties, positive travel history to strengthen your position. All the best.

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Pippin said:
The red flag I see is the fact that you are applying for a temporary visa with limited ties to home country (being self employed). Hope you have emphasized assets and family ties, positive travel history to strengthen your position. All the best.
Thanks Pippin,

I appreciate your reply. In matter of fact I forget to mention that I got married in those 9 months and My wife is not going to come with me in Canada. Will that be add on to ties with home country??

And before this I have been to Japan for 6 months work... Return back within time limit... And couple of countries as visitor too.. I haven't declared any assets though... Just my bank statement

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Nice one!! Congratulations and yes that does help. Would not underestimate the importance of providing EVERYTHING you possibly can to establish your ties to home. Travel for pleasure carries much more importance than for work. It shows you have the income to afford holidays abroad. Both sorts of travel and return home build a positive history.

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Pippin said:
Nice one!! Congratulations and yes that does help. Would not underestimate the importance of providing EVERYTHING you possibly can to establish your ties to home. Travel for pleasure carries much more importance than for work. It shows you have the income to afford holidays abroad. Both sorts of travel and return home build a positive history.
Thanks Buddy... Hope to have some good news soon.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
I was reading this thread and I'm wondering, why would you need to provide probe of ties to your home country? as temporal worker you have the option to apply for a PR after 1 year, so I don't see why the CIC will look for any tie, as a matter of fact the new immigration process is trying to enforce that you go to Canada with TWP first to ensure that you will be able to get a job before applying for PR,

am I wrong? the main idea of the TWP is that you will be temporary on Canada, and they're trying to avoid anyone from TWP to apply to PR? that contradicts the information on the CIC page,

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
What? You didn't get the memo? The one that says any of this makes sense? Lol. Why would the country want to encourage young, energetic people to come and work here unless they were leaving a spouse and children behind (strong proof of ties to home)? Why wouldn't unattached workers be preferable? A lot of this doesn't make sense, but the bottom line is that as long as it is a temporary situation you have to prove you will not stay past the validity of your visa. That visa is time limited until you are granted PR. Who knows how long that could take or IF the person would eventually qualify at all? They might lose their employment before working for the full year, have Family emergencies or get sick. With all the stipulations and good people I see on Forum hitting road blocks I wonder how the others actually make it through. Good luck.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Thanks for you kind reply rosticraphel, maybe I'm wrong, but then cic is crazy about giving Open Work permits for your partner and giving your kids visas to come with the temporary workers, that way they are erasing the boundaries of your ties to home, don't you think so?

Maybe CIC is wrong and they should say... if you are bringing your kids and spouse with you, don't forget to leave one kidney in your home town.

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Pippin said:
Hello Pippin. I have got my Medical Request Via Email today. I have taken appointment as well. Does this means they have taken my application positively. So far no other documents have been requested by them... What should be the next step now.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes this is a very positive sign. I can't think why they would request a medical unless they thought you had passed the first stage. Congrats. Keep us posted! Next step the clinic sends your medicals for review and they make a decision on your application. With the strike still on it is hard to know timelines. Hang in there.

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Pippin said:
Yes this is a very positive sign. I can't think why they would request a medical unless they thought you had passed the first stage. Congrats. Keep us posted! Next step the clinic sends your medicals for review and they make a decision on your application. With the strike still on it is hard to know timelines. Hang in there.
Pippin.. I have got email saying application approved for Work Permit. And that means I guess Visa will be followed by Passport Delivery.

Now I have another question for you?... Suppose I land in Canada and My employer shuts the business down.. What options I will have since I am on Closed work permit... Can I apply for open work permit.??

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Is the business going to be shut down before you work there? If so, you face being turned around on arrival at port of entry. If you work then get laid off, you would have to get another job offer, LMO and apply for another WP and there have been many changes to the requirements so check out the official CIC website.