+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP for in-process Quebec entrepreneurs visiting Canada as Visitor

yaser.tf

Dec 16, 2018
Hi,

We (1 married couple and 1 infant) have recently entered to Canada with TRV while our PR application (application was received by CIC on Oct 2015, I am the main applicant) is in process under Quebec entrepreneurship program (we have received our CSQs on Jul 2015).

Since we are available in Canada, we want to apply for Work Permit as I have a running business which needs my presence here in Canada.

My questions are:

1- What type of work permit should I apply for? (I assume my wife is eligible for OWP, right?)

2- When I fill out the questionnaire applying for WP for myself and OWP for my wife under one application, CIC charges us 2 x $155 for WP and 2 x $100 for OWP. Can someone explain these fees please? Why they are charging us twice for WP and OWP separately?

3- Since my infant is less than 3 years old and has a valid multiple entries TRV, should I extend his status as visitor? What is the scenario for a baby in similar case that parents are changing their status to worker while baby is still visitor? He has a separate passport and TRV.

4- What other advises you may recommend before I submit this application?

Thanks in advance,
Yaser

yaser.tf

Dec 16, 2018
How do you think you qualify for an OWP?
I am applying for specified WP while I am applying OWP for my wife.

Based on below link I am eligible to receive C-11 WP (but I am not sure if this is the right one or not!):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-entrepreneurs-self-employed-candidates-seeking-operate-business-r205-c11.html#Applicants_seeking_eventual

I am going to attach an explanation letter describing the importance of my presence for the future of my started business while waiting for the final decision about my PR.