+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP-20 Months Canadian XP - LMIA Exempt C21- HELP

SalimFG

Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone;

I have a big issue with my work permit which ended up with a letter from CIC saying that I should leave the country in 90 days (Issued 9th of Feb):

Work experience:

IT Student Position:
* Period: 2016/07/06 - 2017/05/30
* NOC A 2173
* Full time 40 h/week
* LMIA Exemption C21 (AIESEC organisation)

IT Business System Analyst Position:
* Period: 2017/06/02 - 2018/01/05
* NOC A 2173
* Full time 40 h/week
* LMIA Exemption C21 (AIESEC organisation)

Problem

After these 19 Months of experience, My company decided to extend my contract until December 2018, So I applied for a new work permit with LMIA Exemption C12- GATS Intra-company transfers- R2015(a).I applied through lawyers since I didn't knew what LMIA Exemption code will be necessary...

On 9th of February, I got a refusal letter saying :

[X] As of November 21, 2015, all employers under the IMP must submit the Offer of Employment/information and the employer compliance fee using the Employer Portal.

As the information provided by your employer in the Offer of Employment/information does not match with the information provided in your application, your work permit cannot be approved as per Section 200(5) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

For further information regarding the new Regulations can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/specific.asp

[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible for obtaining this confirmation.

[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on February 9, 2018. You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:

 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s)
 payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.
 all required documents in support of your application. Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be accepted.

Additional informations

CELPIP Test results :

Listening: 9
Writing: 7
Reading: 7
Speaking: 8

TEF Test results:

Listening: 7
Writing: 6
Reading: 6
Speaking: 10

Degree level:

Bachelor degree: Multimedia & Web Technology - validated by the World Education Services (WES)
Master's degree: Computer Engineering - validated by the World Education Services (WES)

Please help

Currently I stopped working for the company since I'm not eligible to work, and I'm currently jobless... Can anyone help me with any proposition? I also submitted an Express Entry profile and I have 434 points which are not enough to have an ITA (I don't know if my IT student position counts even if it's full time paid, and I was student only until Feb 2017).

Questions:

Is this the correct LMIA-Exemption code to apply with ?
Is there a way to apply for Express Entry or any other way to get the PR or the WP ?

Thank you so much for your help

Last edited: