+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would there be an acknowledgement letter?

showell

Aug 17, 2009
We submitted our application on 5th August 2009 to CIC under Family Class. Does anyone know if we should be receiving an acknowledgment letter or email stating that our application has been received and indication of file reference number? We couldn't check the status online without file (case) reference number. Any ideas, please assist?
Thanks

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I didn't get anything from them until the sponsorship was approved. There's no way to check ECAS until then. The only reason I knew mine was received was becuase I tracked it through the postal service.

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
We didn't hear anything firm until the Sponsorship Approved letter arrived. However, we were able to access ECAS with the receipt number from paying online. It had info on what date the application was received and when they started processing along with "Decision Made", but we didn't know what way the decision had gone until the letter was received.

Good luck!
Tara

HBeach78

Star Member
Jan 14, 2008
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Med's Done....
15/05/2009
Passport Req..
12/11/2009
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2009
LANDED..........
29/11/2009
My husband sent our application out on June 16th (certified mail as to get a tracking#) Sent to the Mississagua office and received on June 18th. We made the payment online and with the receipt came out tracking info...

One month passed before we saw any update on the online tracker, however since he is the Sponsor, he did get a letter in the mail as well, stating that he in fact had been Approved! (July 20th )

About 10 days passed went by before I received a letter of confirmation that my application was sent/received at the Buffalo office and is waiting to be assessed.... (July 28th letter dated, received August 2nd)

Currently, still waiting on the next update... We are 62 days into the process....

I expect that you won't hear/see any update for at least 30 days.... that seems to be the normal waiting period.
Hang in there :)

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
You can regularly check e-Cas using your receipt number and the sponsor's information. This will give you the very same information if you were to use the immigration file number as well.

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
msgomez said:
You can regularly check e-Cas using your receipt number and the sponsor's information. This will give you the very same information if you were to use the immigration file number as well.
what is the link to this?

thank you

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Thank you all for the useful feedback. I guess I'll wait for the sponsorship approval letter as the first stage to the whole process.

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi Showell,
I have created a thread for the people who sent their application betwn 20 July and 20 Aug. We as a group regularly check this thread and ask question if any or share information reagarding our status or any other useful information. You can join my thread at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-the-people-who-sent-application-to-cpcm-btwn-20-july-to-20-aug-t23441.0.html
It would be fun to be in contact with the people with similar timeline and eazy to findout if we are missing something.