+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would such an institution qualify for Study permit? And for further PR path?

RPereira

Aug 25, 2011
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance for any feedback about my question, which will help me get more clarity about the next steps in my adventure here in Canada!

I have been recently scanning for the possibility of getting a study permit, with the possibility of further along the road get P.R. for here in Canada.
Therefore, before I make further decisions it is important that I get clarity in some aspects, of which I would appreciate your help with the following questions:

1 - Do you think that an institution such as the one that I have been taking leadership/personal development/business programs/workshops from, called Baron Mastery Institute (website: baronmastery.com), would qualify as an official educational institution, for the the purpose of getting a study permit here in Canada? The reason I ask is that I am not clear about what qualifies as an educational institution, for this context.
I do know they have a a curriculum of a 1 year program that consists of several 5 days programs throughout the year. These are not considered fail/pass programs, and there is no score. There is a diploma issued to the student after the different programs in their curriculum has been attended by the student.

2 - In case the intention is to get a PR after the study experience, do you think this learning experience would qualify for that, and what would then be the next steps for getting the PR, after the learning experience ended (i.e.: I had their diploma)?

Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Ricardo