+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would my experience be classified as a skilled work?

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I have worked for a year in Canada and planning to apply for pr. I work as an operations analyst in a distribution center facility and my field is logistics and operations. I was planning to apply under noc code 1221, but now a bit confused. What would be a better noc for my job? Am I considered as a skilled worker?

My responsibilities:

• Build outbound shipments according to predetermined schedule.
  • Control the flow of work for the distribution centre operations.
  • Monitor and advise on proper shelf life rotation and aging inventories
  • Assist with inventory reconciliation daily, weekly, and monthly.
  • Analyze DC operations, including performance and productivity data. Error rates and their root causes.
  • Work closely with Operation teams to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve operational functionality issues.
  • Generate and maintain a set of key daily, weekly, and monthly business and operational reports customized to the needs of Operations and its clients
  • Identify workflow/system improvements and work with Managers and Operations team to implement changes
EDUCATION:

• Two-year College or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE:

• Warehouse and Distribution facility operations experience a must
  • 2 to 3 years as an Operations Analyst preferred but not required.
  • AS400 (Dairy Management System) experience a plus.
CORE COMPETENCIES:

• Strong Microsoft office experience, especially in Excel.
  • Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
  • Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of products such as Excel, Access, and Power Point.
  • Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
  • Attention to detail – understand data and operational processes with a view of driving improvement
  • Ability to build relationships with management and employees.