+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would like to withdraw refugee claim / Marriage / Skilled Worker

MsMe

Jun 29, 2011
Hello,

I had a refugee hearing this week, i think it went well but I was not able to get all my evidence from my home country. I am afraid that I will have to leave the country and go back to a dangerous situation.

I have a bachelor degree and a technical degree, speak english and french fluently and have a steady job. My boss wrote me a 3 year contract to help me with the refugee hearing, so I have garanteed work here.
Can I withdraw my claim and begin the process of Skilled Worker in Quebec or is it too late? I would like to begin the process here and not go back to my home country.
If this is not possible, can I marry my boyfriend and have him sponsor me before I receive my answer from the hearing? We have been dating for a few years and he is Quebecois, so it would be a real marriage just planned earlier than we planned, and we could prove that we are in a real relationship if questionned.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MsMe said:
Hello,

I had a refugee hearing this week, i think it went well but I was not able to get all my evidence from my home country. I am afraid that I will have to leave the country and go back to a dangerous situation.

I have a bachelor degree and a technical degree, speak english and french fluently and have a steady job. My boss wrote me a 3 year contract to help me with the refugee hearing, so I have garanteed work here.
Can I withdraw my claim and begin the process of Skilled Worker in Quebec or is it too late? I would like to begin the process here and not go back to my home country.
If this is not possible, can I marry my boyfriend and have him sponsor me before I receive my answer from the hearing? We have been dating for a few years and he is Quebecois, so it would be a real marriage just planned earlier than we planned, and we could prove that we are in a real relationship if questionned.
1. Too late, if you withdraw your refugee claim, your removal order becomes effective and you have 30 days to leave Canada, before it becomes a deportation order.
2. If you marry, there is a very good chance that CIC will see this as a last ditch attempt to remain in Canada.

pel2000

Jul 10, 2010
This is somewhat a similar situation.

Difference is my wife is already included in my application to become PR. Application has received AIP from the officer in charge.

Related to my original post if she enter in Canada claim refugee status and withdraw it once enter. That removal order will come in effect.

How can she stay in Canada until the outcome of our application to become PR?