Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Options:

1.a. Sponsor them, including details of H&C considerations, best interests of OP's child. Appeal if necessary. (Good likelihood this won't work, and OP could even be stripped of own PR status for misrepresentation.)

1.b. Wait for citizenship before sponsoring (might help add weight to H&C, and make it less likely OP would be removed).

2. Wife applies separately under skilled worker class. Less likelihood of causing problems for OP.

3. OP could voluntarily relinquish PR status, and file a new skilled worker application, including wife and child as dependents.

About assessing people who will never come to Canada - one of the main objectives of the IRPA is keep families together. If a spouse or dependent child isn't going to be allowed into Canada due to criminality or some other inadmissibility, then Canada also excludes the principal applicant, because allowing the applicant in but not the rest of the family would split up the family. An extension of that reasoning is why non-accompanying family members have to be examined, and their inadmissibility can affect the principle applicants - they may not want to be together now, but they might in the future.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, it is because of excessive demand on health care. Say that you know that your wife or child are having serious medical problems, heart defect, need a liver/kidney transplant or whatever. You apply to immigrate as a single person. You are accepted. You go to Canada. Now you pull the wife and child out of a hat and sponsor them. Because spouses and dependent children are exempt from excessive demand, they are approved and Canada pays the bill while if you had included them in your original application, you all would have been denied.

It may seem harsh but once you land in Canada and deny that your spouse and children exist, to immigration, that is the truth. The people you denied that exist when you landed can not be brought out later. If you try to sponsor them, they may even cancel your own PR due to misrepresentation.

What you could try to do in that situation is somehow try to help the spouse immigrate by other means, for example through the skilled worker program, through an AEO and PNP or even as a live-in caregiver. The wife can then bring and sponsor the children that were also left out of the application.

dante

Apr 7, 2010
I landed in Manitoba in 2005. I am just hoping that they gonna issue a visa for my family as they already asked me to pay the RPRF.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Matthew and Leon:

I was referring to non-immediate family members too, not just spouses and children. I should have made that clear.

Leon, I understand your point about later sponsoring a member if the immediate family, who may have serious health problems but is exempt from “excessive demand” considerations. But I was referring too about other members of the family, like sisters, step-sisters, etc who would NOT be able to enter Canada if they had serious medical problems. My wife still had to provide detailed information about them.

Same comment about your explanation, Matthew. I assume the IRPA does not care so much about keeping sisters and brothers together, so (again) why demand detailed information about them on the PR application? And are they examined for criminal past etc?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
When did you have to provide info about sisters / brothers? I don't recall having to put any info down about mine. Maybe I misrepresented myself.

(Looks over shoulder to see if CIC is watching.)

;)

Seriously though, I'm not aware of any situation a sister would have to be examined (within the technical meaning of "examined" defined in IRPA) directly, unless the sister was either a dependent of a parent who was being sponsored, or being directly sponsored in their own right (orphan).

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

matthewc said:
When did you have to provide info about sisters / brothers? I don't recall having to put any info down about mine. Maybe I misrepresented myself.

(Looks over shoulder to see if CIC is watching.)

;)

Seriously though, I'm not aware of any situation a sister would have to be examined (within the technical meaning of "examined" defined in IRPA) directly, unless the sister was either a dependent of a parent who was being sponsored, or being directly sponsored in their own right (orphan).
IMM 5406

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
But I was referring too about other members of the family, like sisters, step-sisters, etc who would NOT be able to enter Canada if they had serious medical problems. My wife still had to provide detailed information about them.
As far as I know and definitely when I applied myself, I only had to mention my brothers and sisters in the form for additional family information and I did not have to give detailed information about them. Brothers and sisters are hard to sponsor, they are not exempt from excessive demand and they do also not have medicals or background checks at the time you immigrate.

Immigration cares about keeping your core family together, that is you, your spouse and your children. They do not worry much about your adult siblings who can take care of themselves. I do not know why they want you to name them. Possibly they like to have it on file in case your siblings decide to immigrate later and claim points for you.

sarrie143

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Nomination.....
09-10-2014
Med's Request
November 21, 2014
Med's Done....
December 8, 2014
Interview........
waived?
Passport Req..
January 6, 2015
second wife

hi, good day to all. i am a second wife, filipino. we are married and his first marriage is still valid, but they are separated. i would like to ask because if im going to apply in canada what civil status will i write because i think our marriage is bigamous in our country.can i write common law since our marriage is bigamous?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Re: second wife

sarrie143 said:
hi, good day to all. i am a second wife, filipino. we are married and his first marriage is still valid, but they are separated. i would like to ask because if im going to apply in canada what civil status will i write because i think our marriage is bigamous in our country.can i write common law since our marriage is bigamous?
It depends whether he had a divorce that was legally recognized in the country where you got married as well as in Canada.

You should re-post this question in a new thread, because the topic for this one is different.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: second wife

sarrie143 said:
I do not know how you married him if he is still married to another woman. Did you marry him in a country that allows bigamy? Your marriage will not be seen as valid in Canada. However, you could put your status down as common law if you have lived together for 12 months or more.

M

mikeymyke

Another example of someone who cares more about his PR than his own wife and kids. Why are there still so many people who follow the ridiculous advice of not declaring their spouse and kid thinking that an officer would refuse a PR if they do so?