+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

would it be waste of time if I go to college just for the immigration?

sujung60

Sep 16, 2020
Hi, guys.
I'm from South Korea and I'm planning to move to Canada and now I'm preparing EE.
But the problem is that my EE score is so low that I need to do something else to make it to the PR.
So I was considering some options, and one of them is to go to college(such as BCIT) and get a diploma(2-year program) and obtain PGWP for 3 years and then try every immigration program I can apply.

Back to the point, would it be waste of time and money if I go to college only for immigration?
The reason why I'm hesitating is that, I already have a bachelor's degree, and I have work experience for about 5 years,
and if I go to college, I have to do it all over again that I did or learned in the past.
(I also considered going to graduate school, but I don't think I can afford it.)

Let me hear your opinions, please help me out!

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
No , it's not a waste of time or money to do it. My wife had a master degree from Ireland and she applied for a BBA course in BC. And I applied for spouse work permit so I could find work. And we got PR though my employer sponsorship. It's totally worth it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just keep in mind that for a study permit application the course needs to be relevant to your current qualifications (not a repeat of) and work experience . Also needs to be something that will develop your prospects on returning to your home country so should not obviously state upfront purpose is to gain PR. As for costs you need budget around 18000 dollars for fees and 10000 for living per year of study.