+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would I qualify to sponsor while im living outside of Canada???

Mar 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok... so my fiance and I are getting married in September (im canadian he is mexican. married in mexico). We wanted to then go to canada and do inland sponsorship but now I think he wouldn't get the tourist visa so we wont be able to do that plan... he probably wouldnt even get the visa if we werent married because he has no ties or anything and obviously if we are dating or he gets a letter from my parents they will think he has no intention to go back to mexico... ugh i dont know...
so now i am considering the option of applying outland but we dont want to be apart for it... why would we? they make this all so complicated.... so anyway i just am wondering if we could qualify to do this...
i would just be in mexico on a tourist visa the whole time... and i guess for proof of returning i can show applying for jobs and looking for an apartment and letters from people that have knowledge of our plans, etc?? would we qualify? and if our relationship looks very genuine wouldnt that be proof??
i dont know what else to do this is getting to seem extremely complicated from what i first thought!!!

I

iarblue

Yes you can apply outland through mexico city.Fill out the app pay the fees online and send it off to Mississauga.You will get letters from your parents asying you will be staying with them when you are approved and move to Canada till you get yourselves set up.Search out apts on the internet,and see if they can email you the aps for both,then you put those in as supporting docs that you are researching for your return.
Put your mexican address down on both aps for your responses,to the sponsorship approval ap,and the permanent resident ap.Then if he required to go for an interview it will be in mexico city.
But collect as much proof you can of your relationship before you are married and after.Pictures are going to be your best evidence,plus credit cards in both your names,if you have them,adding him to your card wont do you need to both be on the account.
If you are living down there in an apt.then make sure both names are on the lease.Or a letter from the landlord stating he is aware of both of you living in the apt.
Just put it in your mind things you can show that both of you have.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
girlfromthenorthcountry said:
Ok... so my fiance and I are getting married in September (im canadian he is mexican. married in mexico). We wanted to then go to canada and do inland sponsorship but now I think he wouldn't get the tourist visa so we wont be able to do that plan... he probably wouldnt even get the visa if we werent married because he has no ties or anything and obviously if we are dating or he gets a letter from my parents they will think he has no intention to go back to mexico... ugh i dont know...
so now i am considering the option of applying outland but we dont want to be apart for it... why would we? they make this all so complicated.... so anyway i just am wondering if we could qualify to do this...
i would just be in mexico on a tourist visa the whole time... and i guess for proof of returning i can show applying for jobs and looking for an apartment and letters from people that have knowledge of our plans, etc?? would we qualify? and if our relationship looks very genuine wouldnt that be proof??
i dont know what else to do this is getting to seem extremely complicated from what i first thought!!!
Hi

Read the outland guide at www.cic.gc.ca first.

Regarding jobs and places to live, we had none of this because the Canadian was not living in Canada. We simply submitted a letter from the sponsors parents saying we would be living with them. (We are common law so had to prove the relationship; you should be better proving you have a legal union).

The key is you need to provide proof that you as the Canadian will return so you need to provide reasonable details for re-establishing. It does seem daunting but when you have finished you will hopefully see that it is not as bad as you expect.

We included emails written to one another over a few years - with the details when it was appropriate!
One utility company bill from the beginning middle and end of our cohabitation
Other mails addressed to us separately at the same address
Flight itineraries for trips over the few years
Photo's (12 maybe)
5 letters from friends and family stating they knew us and in what capacity etc
1 letter from parents offering free accommodation
Bank statement showing we did have some funds although this can be irrelevant; we thought that since none of us had jobs it would show that neither would be a burden to the state
And a letter from each of us stating what we hoped we would achieve in Canada and the reasons for wanting to settle here.

Admittedly, each country is different, but if you keep it simple and honest and understandable to you, then it should serve you well.

Good luck.

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
girlfromthenorthcountry said:
OK thanks... it only took you from August til December to get the permananet residence outland? thats fast!
I know - it was actually October but didn't land until December. This is why I say even with all the worry, just make it simple and provide enough evidence to support what you claim without going overboard. With hindsight, it can be a lot simpler than you expect!

Good luck.

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
hi, well i was kind of the same situation as you, im the mexican and i applied for the multiple tourist visa in Mexico, in my case my "reasons" to come back to mexico and just come to canada for visit is because im waiting papers from school, which will take forever, wich is true, but im not in a hurry for them and anyway my parents could send it to me. so i came to canada in christmas, i went back to mexico with my husband and we got married just religious over there in march( civil is too expensive and we would need to translate many papers any way) and then we came back together to canada,so now were getting married civil here in canada and im gonna send my application as soon as i get the marriage certificate. i just want it share my history so probably coudl giveyou and idea, i know how you feel and is so hard to think to be far from the one you love. my husband and i defitnely didnt want it to separate at all, so is been very hard for other side, teh expenses and all for is absolutely worhty. God bless!