+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would I need a PCC?

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Under “Education,” applicants will be advised to enter the country and city in which they were physically present, even in the case of distance learning. This is to avoid unnecessary requests for police certificates.

The above is confusing me and I would like some help to understand this.

I have studied through distance learning for one year(2013-2014). When I fill my e-APR, should i put my country or the country with which I studied?
Will i need a PCC for that country?
I have been to that country on these occasions
2010-3 months
2011- 2 months
2014- 1 month, how likely do you think IRCC might request for PCC for that country?
Thank you.

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello !

I am confused by this sentence as well, I stayed 10 months in the US as an exchange student, do I have to provide a PCC from the US ?

Thank you all and good luck !

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Under “Education,” applicants will be advised to enter the country and city in which they were physically present, even in the case of distance learning. This is to avoid unnecessary requests for police certificates.

I have studied through distance learning for one year(2013-2014). When I fill my e-APR, should i put my country or the country with which I studied?
2010-3 months
2011- 2 months
2014- 1 month, how likely do you think IRCC might request for PCC for that country?
Thank you.
Am not a pro but I think that you don't, because you have to stay there 6 months in a row, which is not your case :)

Reactions: dodogirl

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
Am not a pro but I think that you don't, because you have to stay there 6 months in a row, which is not your case :)[/QUOT
Hello !

I am confused by this sentence as well, I stayed 10 months in the US as an exchange student, do I have to provide a PCC from the US ?

Thank you all and good luck !
You will need to provide. There is no concept of staying six months in a row. IRCC has mentioned explicitly that if you stay at a place for a total of six months regardless of the duration of a single stay, you will be required to submit a PCC.

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017

2010-3 months
2011- 2 months
Thank you.
You will need to provide. There is no concept of staying six months in a row. IRCC has mentioned explicitly that if you stay at a place for a total of six months regardless of the duration of a single stay, you will be required to submit a PCC.

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017

2010-3 months
2011- 2 months
Thank you.
This is also because you visited the place and stayed there for a total of 6 months. In case a qualification has been obtained as a distant program, PCC is not required and you need to mention that it was a distant learning program. However, any country where you stayed 6 months or more cumiliatively then you need a police certificate. Trust that clarifies.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is: "Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
There is: "Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
This seems to be a recent development that I haven’t been aware of. Earlier they had mentioned that if you stay at a place for 2 months, and later return for 4 months, that got counted as 6 months warranting a PCC.

My apologies and thanks for sharing.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
This seems to be a recent development that I haven’t been aware of. Earlier they had mentioned that if you stay at a place for 2 months, and later return for 4 months, that got counted as 6 months warranting a PCC.

My apologies and thanks for sharing.
Yeah it was changed in Feb 2018.

hillol

May 12, 2018
London

Hi,
I’m a new member to this forum. Would greatly appreciate your opinion on this please. As it says, “where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18."- does this mean that if an individual has completed a degree in 2007 from a different country as a full-time student, residing there for 4 years, they won’t be required to obtain a PCC?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I’m a new member to this forum. Would greatly appreciate your opinion on this please. As it says, “where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18."- does this mean that if an individual has completed a degree in 2007 from a different country as a full-time student, residing there for 4 years, they won’t be required to obtain a PCC?
Correct.

Reactions: hillol