+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would Extra qualification favour me in points Calculation

asimazeem

Dec 13, 2008
hi

i wanna ask to you guys that
i have a master degree in computer sciences (2 years porg) after getting bachelor degree of two years (have completed 16 years of education).

besides this i have also one year diploma in computer sciences
and one year post graduat diploma in in information tech.
i just wanna ask would these diplomas favour me in points calculation
i mean would these diploma give me extra points in addition to 25 points of master degree.

Please Reply

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

asimazeem said:
hi

i wanna ask to you guys that
i have a master degree in computer sciences (2 years porg) after getting bachelor degree of two years (have completed 16 years of education).

besides this i have also one year diploma in computer sciences
and one year post graduat diploma in in information tech.
i just wanna ask would these diplomas favour me in points calculation
i mean would these diploma give me extra points in addition to 25 points of master degree.

Please Reply
Well you aren't going to get 25 points for the masters as you only have 16 years of education. The additional diplomas don't add anything to the application.

You have a master’s degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 25 points

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
sorry for posting my question in two places,

what if i have a bachelors and a masters and it took me 16years of education to get both of those (together with secondary etc) and then sometime after those 16 years, i went to study for a phd or another masters, its been a year, but haven't gotten that degree yet.

So would that mean i have a masters and 17 years of education (since my current studies occurred after 16 years of education) and hence entitled to 25 points.
Nice try, but you got a Masters it took 16 years, you cant pile on years after obtaining the degree.

PMM